Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Hi all

I know I've said it on about three different occasions now but gonna try and make it out for the day can't do over nighter as it's the bosses birthday that week so were off out.

Regards chinook

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Brill Saturday. Thanks chaps:You_Rock_. Paella and company both good as usual goodjob.
Made a small spoon today out of that thin piece from the Lime windfall and SWMBO insisted I put some glue on the snapped handle. Looked at it today and realised what it looked like :eek::lmao:

2newspoons.jpg

2newspoons2.jpg

the 2nd one came out OK. Nice piece of Lime with the "spalted" marks ;)
Camp over next time me thinks. The bunks they are a calling :lmao::crutch::nana:

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Those look good Kev. I whittled one up out of lime Sunday morning, nowhere near as 'pretty' as yours, but I had fun and I found it rather easy wood to carve, will try and get a pic later today.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Get them pics on. I found my camera. Dropped it in the car.....DOH
Wrong about where the 4x5 tarps are. They are at LIDL's from Thursday
All Purpose Tarpaulin
£ 7.99* Each

Description

Made from durable, tear-resistant material
Ideal for garden furniture and equipment, cars, motorbikes and much more
With 18 metres of cord
With 18 eyelets, reinforced edges and sturdy corner caps
Size (m): 4 x 5
2 year manufacturer’s warranty

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Sorry for the delay, like I said not as pretty as yours, but here it is :
15062011049.jpg

Thought I'd add this pic of the area, taken while we were sheltering from the rain on Sunday morning :

20110612123138.jpg

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Thought it might be worth 'bumping' the thread up, as there is about six weeks till the next one. Time to start thinking about food I think :)

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
The next two planned meets are:
August: Sat 20th (10:00am) - 21st (4:30pm)
October: Sat 8th (10:00am) - 9th (4:30pm)

New faces are always welcome :)

Hey All

eel28 mentioned over on another thread that there was a meet up happening in Cambridge. Hope it would be ok for me to tag along? Based in Baldock in Herts, not been on a meet yet, but would love to get the opportunity.
Whats the location of the site? Are hammockers welcome?

Cheers

Ben

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Hey All

eel28 mentioned over on another thread that there was a meet up happening in Cambridge. Hope it would be ok for me to tag along? Based in Baldock in Herts, not been on a meet yet, but would love to get the opportunity.
Whats the location of the site? Are hammockers welcome?

Cheers

Ben

Hello Ben, and welcome to the Cambridgeshire thread :)

Here is a link to the directions page of the sites website. There are plenty of trees about so i'm certain you'd be able to find a couple of suitable ones for a hammock :) I'm sure that, in due course, Wolfcrafter will be along with the 'sign up' list and perhaps a reminder of rules etc for any newbies? - so keep a look out in the near future :)

We are a small but friendly bunch, and more than happy to see new faces :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE