Buying the forestry back

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
He's not anwered my post regarding the idea being the same as one on another forum. Over there a member pops up and comes up with this scheme, some folk were for it, I found it just not quite kosher. He got quite pushy, wanted to set a time line for setting up a company, when questioned did not answer sort of thing then went quiet.

Your money, go for it, if you do please let me know, I've got shares in Shangrila I'll sell you.

Jun 24, 2012
Scottish borders
Back again, only briefly as I've got to go out and deliver some waste veg oil, our company no. 7955231, formed Feb 2012 so no accounts due until end of tax year, we are not connected to any other advertisers and I would not advise just paying money over the internet to someone you've never met.
Before we would accept anything other than small donations we would have to meet and establish that the core members would be able to work together having similar needs and aspirations, there will be a camping event organized through our page this September the hard part is getting the right group of people together, it would be easier to just finance through my family but we are trying to make it open to more people.
The exact direction the group takes would ofcourse be decided by the shareholders, but as managing director they benefit from my experiences in forestry and communal living, at present we are thinking of between 5 and 10 settlers with a "campsite" for visitors and guests. A detailed costing is being drawn up for a sample plot now, though the fine detail may be change to account for a different site or shareholders views.
The company currently trades in waste veg oil and offers gardening and land management services in the Scottish borders, that's how I make my living, the land purchase(as a communal action) will only happen if the right group can be brought together otherwise it will be done on more commercial basis and produce a big profit for a few people rather than the ideal of group action leading to a wider good.
I will get round to replying to all e-mails and posts but I'm very busy doing all this so be patient, traveling to near Dumfries tomorrow to look at a plot of land and collecting oil from Carnforth Cumbria too, always happy to meet new people for a chill and a chat, also traveling to Mid & south Wales over the week end.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2012
Scottish borders
Did it clearly state 2012 collective Ltd because I don't think any of our people have been on any other forums though anyone can post anything they want, as I said before there are other people doing this some are genuine and I'm sure some could be scams as well, be careful and check out their credentials and certainly don't pay over any cash without some evidence of traceability and accountability we will only accept investors after careful vetting the group needs to be cohesive and into the co-housing idea as well as well managed woodland resources.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No, you or whoever wanted to set up the 'project' rest of your sales pitch is the same, your posts 'read' the same, sentence construction etc. Something not kosher about this setup so I can't in all honesty wish you good luck.

Considering the rules on non subscribers selling perhaps the mods could remove this thread please.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
But Rik I intend to invest in this project. Just as soon as that exiled Nigerian prince that I sent $5000 to regains control and sends me my reward.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I wonder if it was the same chap who rang me today telling me he was contacting me due to a windows fault message, I said I was amazed! not only do they keep out the weather and let the sun shine in, they automatically report faults to people who think I came down in the last drizzle! Modern tech eh, BRILLIANT!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I wonder if it was the same chap who rang me today telling me he was contacting me due to a windows fault message, I said I was amazed! not only do they keep out the weather and let the sun shine in, they automatically report faults to people who think I came down in the last drizzle! Modern tech eh, BRILLIANT!

I'm going to steal that one :D :D

M

Jun 24, 2012
Scottish borders
This is a genuine post by genuine people who asked the moderators permission for a one off post on this forum, so if you are not genuinely interested it would polite if you started your own thread rather than simply trying to wreck this one. Thank you for those of you who responded positively to our post, the encouragement is as valuable as the finances and as I said before be careful who you get involved with, there a lot of idiots and rip offs out there. I will of course continue to reply to genuine inquiries and one day we will own this woodland!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Personally speaking, I think you've already shot yourself in the foot by a couple of your responses to people here.

I tried a similar idea of setting up a coop here, but there's little interest because as Toddy points out, the woodland access in scotland is relatively free, so I could track across your woodland and enjoy it for free. Why would I pay? Similarly I could probably camp most places up there without encountering another soul.

Down my way, you might have a chance because the woods down here are small and not very secluded.

When I win myself a sizeable sum on the lotty I'll buy a house with a hundred acre woodland, offer volunteer positions for rangers to BCUK people with free camping rights and offer reduced paid camping to everyone else here. The profits will go into funding woodland conservation projects.

Good luck, but next time if a mod gives you the thumbs up to post, make it concise and well thought out with facts, figures people can believe and a quantifiable business plan to show its not a fly by night. If you don't have one, any sensible investor will look elsewhere.

Also, don't have a go at the mods :) they're nice reasonable people...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rx0jvh

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I think this is a wonderful idea. As a chartered accountant I love the idea of getting people to buy and build my homestead (which of course I will retain ownership of) and then give them access to occasionally camp in land they are legally entitled to camp in anyway.

Presumably I'd have to chop down much of the forest to plant sufficient crops and grass for the meat animals to graze on, but there'll be plenty of free (or paid-for) labour from the kitty to do the hard work. And maybe a bit left over for a Range Rover?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE