Buying land?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not if the owner wants to sell, and you ate the only one bidding. That is how I bought my old land.
Bid the asking price.

I would also follow this advice. That said, I think the point is that you'd rarely, if ever, be the only bidder in the UK. Over 63,000,000 people on an island.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
True, but a small piece you can never build on, in Cornwall, is not so attractive.
In fact, I would probably offer less than the asking proce, but inquire first why it is fir sell.
If it is a sale after the iwner died, I would give a low ball offer. Usually the benefactors want cash quickly.

Thats what Zi did to the property in Norway, I bid about 1/3 under valuation. Cash = quick deal. Got it.

The piece of land I bought years ago was 40 minutes drive from London, so a different ballgame, but it as in a such horrendous state nobody was interested.
In that area ( W and E Sussex ) fields are snapped up by moneyed fathers so their daughters can have a horse on.

Several of my old friends did that if they did nit have enough field themselves.
Then when the little daughter grows up and discover you can ride on something else than a horse ( bike for example) they let the field get derelict or in best case sell it on.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE