Bushmoot Projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, this year I will be going...

Sorting out projects.

Shotgun Cartridge Match Cases.
I have enough for one session...Hope to get some more soon.

Leatherwork.

I am bringing my kit as usual. And a few new projects for you to try.

Fondue Party.

Have a book of recipes and am trying to get my friends to attend some time...But they want to eat out. Fondues for one are not fun.
Bring some cheese and wine and bread and stuff. (But you have that already, havent you?)

Any other things you might like to have a go at?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Righty.

I have enough cartridge cases for two sessions.

And I brought a bag of horn/antler/bone pieces...I have some buffalo horn sheets that might make good scales.

Plenty of leather

And my Fondue book. Heaven knows what the cheeses are but I packed my bottle of Kirch....the one speciality item that we might not have to hand.

What do you want to do?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Buffalo horn ... spoons? I have a couple of horn teaspoons I use in the sugar caddy. Would like to make a bigger one. Would that be possible? I'll bring my spare teaspoon and we could have a go perhaps?
The Kirch fondue party sounds lovely. I've never had fondue so I'm up for that. I adore cheese! Can't eat bread tho. What else can I dip into yummy cheesy goo?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Gluten free? So, gluten free bread...and a separate pot. (No cornflour for thickening...use ground rice instead??)

Cheesy mushrooms sound nice.

As for the spoons we probably could do something. Horn spoons are generaly moulded rather than carved though...which means we would have to make a wooden mould! (pictures in my book...)

Antler or bone would be carved...no reason why we couldnt do that.

You decided to come by train? (Who will pick you up from the station then?)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Cornflour is OK for thickening, it's normal flour I can't have.
Mushrooms sound good. !
Yes it's the train to moot, and as yet nobody to pick me up..... possibly get a taxi as I've forgotten what time my train arrives at bridgend. Guess it might be about 3.30pm ish.
I'm bringing my spoon knife so if we can get a block of wood ( split log) horn spoon could be done.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE