Bushmoot 2007

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
there looks like there is going to be a rail strike on friday.
bloody unions:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
I'm having a little trouble sorting out a train to get me down to the Moot. I'm not keen on driving due to the long distance and the amount it's going to cost me in petrol:eek:

Hi Graham
Its along way true enough, but it is an easy drive, if somewhat boring in parts. I used to do it fairly regular when I was working in St Andrews and could'nt get a cheap flight Edinburgh to Cardiff. Petrol though thats a different matter I dread to think what it would cost these days

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
as it turned out the industrial action has been cancelled.
now all I have to contend with is the inevitable engineering works.
I should be getting into Bridgend around 1545ish on Friday.
Any chance of someone picking me up at the station?

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
as it turned out the industrial action has been cancelled.
now all I have to contend with is the inevitable engineering works.
I should be getting into Bridgend around 1545ish on Friday.
Any chance of someone picking me up at the station?

:rolleyes: See you there then, I'm the one wearing wellies:rolleyes:

regards

beach bum

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Could the tide times be put on a board there please. I would like try to catch razor clams.

Is the beach safe for paddling (not swimming)? i am not worried about pollution, as i have swum at prestatyn without illness, it more a issue with currents or underwater shelfs.

Does everyone go to special effort not to add nitrogen to the environment, like no bear thing or burial of food waste. like you burn it and use the toilets?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No bears in south wales....

If you want to catch razor clams you will need salt...Ill bring some

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Could the tide times be put on a board there please. I would like try to catch razor clams.

Is the beach safe for paddling (not swimming)? i am not worried about pollution, as i have swum at prestatyn without illness, it more a issue with currents or underwater shelfs.

Does everyone go to special effort not to add nitrogen to the environment, like no bear thing or burial of food waste. like you burn it and use the toilets?

High tide Sat is about 05:00 and 17:00

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Got back home from the moot, Great Moot, my first, thanks to all the BCUK Team & all workshop teachers, thank you very much for your time and sharing your knowledge, Nice to shake Tony's hand :) Bring on 2008's Bushmoot! I'll be there for the full week next time. Cheers all.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
There was in our camp! Bears, wolves and and a three legged dog :)

Thanks again to the folks who made it possible :notworthy :35:

sounds like you had a good one matt :1244:
Thanks to everyone who organised the moot, the workshop instructors and all the folks I met.Had a great time and will def be there for the whole week next year.:You_Rock_
Will try to get those norway pics up soon for those that asked.

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to;

Lithril & Sam
Womble
Sargey
Carlo
Ed
Buckshot & Lorraine
Tony & Shelley
Moduser & Fiona
Pete
Taz (but not that Taz)
Too much kit to carry & Nicky

For making what was my first Bushmoot a very memorable experience.:You_Rock_

And for next year I am going to give up alchohol!!.......................:lmao:

Yeah - the Moot was wonderful.

Big thanks to Tony and team, all those that organsied, ran classes/workshops etc. - your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone we met for your company, laughs and beers <hic>

It was Nikki's forst BCUK meet and she enjoyed every minute of it :cool:

Really looking forward to next year!!!

Phil.

May 24, 2007
My thanks as well. Myself and the beloved had a great time.

Apologies for the rather drunken storytelling on the Saturday night, but I had to wait till the little ones had gone to bed.

"...I've got Fenris's b*********s, and they're mine, all mine..."

leon-1

Apologies for the rather drunken storytelling on the Saturday night, but I had to wait till the little ones had gone to bed.

Julian, if that was you, then there are at least a few of the mods that appreciated it and no need to apologise, we had a good time and the story kept a smile on our faces for a long time.

The story of Thor with Ratatosk in it brought a large smile to most anyone who was there, many thanks for your input, it was very much appreciated and I think you would be welcome at any storytellers evening as long as the youngsters were in bed (as they were):D.

All the best and a pleasure to see you there, hope to see you next year,

Leon.

Cracking story telling mate,..."the callow youth" is still in stitches about it with luck he'll not tell his mother when he goes back at the end of the month, that said though I had always wondered why Fenris was determined to bring about the end of the world,...hardly supriseing really, given that pesky Ratatosk and his capers.
Cheers Tim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE