Bushmoot 2007

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
The bushmoot this year: is it on, 27th - 31st July? Apologies if this question has been asked. Just trying to plan my summer.

Would like to go for flintknapping this year if it is being done again.

[edit] Seems it is. How do I delete this thing??

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yep... as far as I know those are the correct dates... youcan also see them in the calendar at the bottom ofthe main forum home :D .... Hope to see you there again mate.

Ed

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Wow there's a calendar at the bottom of the forums! I never get that far down. Always get caught up with the posts up above :D.

See you there then!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi Chaps,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a kit list for the moot? I would have thought this has been discussed in the past and have searched but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
AFAIK there isn't a kit list as such. Just bring whatever you need to be comfortable, and any kit you want to try out. There aren't prizes for being hard-core, and people tend to range from kipping under a poncho to full-blown multi-room family tents, tables, chairs, pirate flags etc. It's all very friendly and laid back, so if for example you have a hammock, but aren't sure about the best way to set it up, just ask and you'll have plenty of advice. Food and how to cook it is up to you too. There is a supermarket nearby.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Thanks led,

I suppose if there's a supermarket nearby then I don't need to be so strict on the kit-list.

I'm sometimes prone to missing a 'wished-I'd-thought-to-pack-that' bit of kit (can opener anyone?!), you know that type of thing.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Ed,

Price: £15.00 per person per night (same as last year)

BushMoot 2007 is being held on the 27th through to the 31st of July 2007, at Merthyr Mawr.

Organised workshops: Flintknapping
Tracking
Foraging
Shelter
Fire
Water
Carving
And much, much more.....

The cost is £15, per night, for those of 14 or over, free under that.

See you there.

Stu

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks led,

I suppose if there's a supermarket nearby then I don't need to be so strict on the kit-list.

I'm sometimes prone to missing a 'wished-I'd-thought-to-pack-that' bit of kit (can opener anyone?!), you know that type of thing.

There is a big Tesco store about 7 miles away, plus of course, Bridgend itself

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The price is the same as last year then? But last year we had a super star of the bushcraft world there in the shape of Mors, do we have anyone coming this year?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
The price is the same as last year then?
Is it? I thought it was £70 odd last year for the whole thing .... this year (according to the BCUK shop) it's only £50 for the entire event..... the £15/day is a daily rate for those only comming for a few days and not the entire moot.

:)
Ed

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They told me that you were coming rik. :)

Thank you sir, my limited knowledge of stoves is free though.

Ed, last year was £15 a night or £50 for the weekend, and that included Mors, to be honest £15 without a headliner is a bit steep for me (last year I only paid for two, this year three), and remember there are other fees to pay on top for various workshops. We had a fantastic time last year, but £150+ is more than I can justify to SWMBO without a 'Star' turn I'm afraid:(

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Well I'll be going, It looks like my shifts at work have slipped a little and I'm gong to be onshore over the time of the moot. so I'm going to go.
I don't mind paying £50 for the weekend really, I mean how much would a B&B for a weekend away cost?
I treat the moot as if it was my summer holiday anyway. It's a bargain in my book.

All that aside, I live in Dundee, I've got a car with plenty of room, and Katy has said she doesn't want to go this year.
I'm going to have a spare seat with plenty of room for kit.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I think £50 is extremely good value for what basically amounts to a 5-day bushcraft course. Other 'proper' bushcraft company's (no names mentioned here) charge up to £700 for pretty much the same thing.
And even if someone goes alone (as I did last year) and has never met any of the members before (me again, last year) there will be people who at least recognise your name from the forums, so there's not so much ''breaking the ice'' to be done - something that can't be said for some other courses/meets.

Summer Bushmoot has become the highlight of my calender :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
For me its just financial to be honest, £150 before my two have paid (sorry, I have paid) for different workshops, plus food, beer, and the like means maybe £300 for me to pay out, thats a lot of dosh when I have other summer trips arranged (Wales, Wales, Nottingham and Spain):(

My son and I had a fantastic time last year, and if I can stretch to it, he and I plus my daughter this time will enjoy it all again this year. I met some great people last year, but a word of warning to newbies,,,,,,,,,,,, take some beer, this lot drink like fish

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Hi

Quick questions for Bushmoot regular's!

Are there sufficient trees for hammocks/tarps etc?
Fire wood, is this supplied or is it best to bring a load up?
How far is the parking from the tress/camping, will I need a wheel barrow for my beer?
Open fires anywhere or in designated spots, if so would an 'environmental fire place/box be acceptable?
Is there access to water/river (I have a home made coracle I could bring)

Cheers Nigel
:newbie:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE