Bushmoot 2007

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I apologize, I realise I didnt read some of the info on that thread and I forgot to check back, thats my fault. What about the other workshops?

If its the same as last year, all the other courses will be free, apart from if you are using something that cost the instuctor money (like I attended the longbow making course and there was a small charge for the timber used). We had to get to the main meeting hut at 10am and all the days courses were told and we put our names down for which courses we wanted to do....There was more than enough to keep me occupied and I often had a hard decision on what course to do, as I wanted to do them all....:rolleyes:
You will love it there and learn lots.....

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
If its the same as last year, all the other courses will be free, apart from if you are using something that cost the instuctor money (like I attended the longbow making course and there was a small charge for the timber used). We had to get to the main meeting hut at 10am and all the days courses were told and we put our names down for which courses we wanted to do....There was more than enough to keep me occupied and I often had a hard decision on what course to do, as I wanted to do them all....:rolleyes:
You will love it there and learn lots.....

If anyone is running a longbow course this year then please let me know. I'd love to do that!

(Just please try not to clash with Longstriders sharpening course ;))

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
One thing i was wondering about is since you Guys are having a lot of rain over there.. places getting flooded etc.
What's the Summer moot site going to be like if this keeps up?
Will we need wellies and waders or will we be safe?
:theyareon

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi
as the Bushmoot site is on the edge of some rather large sand dunes drainage on site is not a problem, this was demonstrated last year when we had some really heavy rain, it had drained away almost before it stopped. The only problem might be getting to Wales if roads in the area are flooded. I am keeping my fingers crossed that after almost four weeks of wet weather it will be dry by then. :)

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Its been pretty dry here in spite of the heavy rain everywhere else. I live 5 miles from the site and we've had 94mm of rain in the last month. The site is very well drained being on sand

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
I know the the Meet is self-cateering etc. but are there any one'off group meals? I just thought it would be nice to maybe to have a large group meal where people could get involved in different aspects of it. For example im thinking of something like a full hog-roast in a drum, with a tray of cider below to catch all the goodness for gravy :) Anyhow before I get to excited at the thought of that meal, is this feasible? Even if 30 put in £3 each to make £90 roughly to cover the hog etc. Having said that I dont know what a meet is like really, never been, how many people are there that attend the summer bushmoot (roughly)? is it like 50 or more like 350? :)

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Next question; I love the Harmonica or as my father calls it "tin sandwich" being played around the fire! I dont play any instrument, I was wondering if anyone would be bringing their 'tin sandwich' to play around the campfire at the Moot? If so, I'll give'e a nudge and remind you to pack it! :)

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Just a quick query about the weather situation with floods etc. Is this likely to affect the site, or access to it ? Do we need to bring canoes just in case :eek:
From what I've heard (its been discussed) the site is very well drained apparently. As for getting there that depends on entirely where your coming from/your route. Im coming from Cornwall so should be able to miss all the flooding by taking the bridge over to Wales from within Bristol, I think all is well there.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
I've got a 'tin sarnie' t' bring fer ye mate.........find the 'Naughty corner' (tm).....an' ye can play t' yer hearts content....but don't bring any whistles!:eek: :D
Sweet! I just bought my first harmonica online last night :eek: im not a musical person at all, but im gona try hard to learn. Would be great to pickup a few tips @ the moot. hopefully I'll get my (10 hole, A major, diatonic) harmonic before I have to leave for the moot, and dont worry I'll try not to bother people with god-awful noises. :p

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
From what I've heard (its been discussed) the site is very well drained apparently. As for getting there that depends on entirely where your coming from/your route. Im coming from Cornwall so should be able to miss all the flooding by taking the bridge over to Wales from within Bristol, I think all is well there.

Good move I am coming up from the south and looks like I will have to pay the toll this time round to avoid the Gloucester Lake!!

Good travel information here

And here

Nigel

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello all, just a little heads up to everyone heading down the M4 to the moot, after the Severn bridge, (the new one or old) at junction 23, there is nearly always a camera tax van on the bridge, so be wary. Also after junction 29 (which bears off onto the A48) there are road works for a widening scheme, this is 50MPH and there are two cameras, one on a downhill stretch about 200 yards after the 50 zone starts, then another just tucked away under a bridge about 2 miles on!
After that, at junction 32 or 33 (not certain exactly) there's another prime spot for a tax van!!!

please be cautious, if there's money to be made, they'll be there!

Not trying to scare anyone, I'm looking forward ot the moot, and meeting some good people again, just don't want any of you getting taxed unnecessarily!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
So in other words, don't break the law by going over the speed limit and you won't have to pay a fine.

I hate this Big Brother society though, I was busy trying to murder someone the other day and had to stop because of all these damn cameras about the place. It's Political Correctness gone mad, you couldn't make it up.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
there looks like there is going to be a rail strike on friday.
bloody unions:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
I'm having a little trouble sorting out a train to get me down to the Moot. I'm not keen on driving due to the long distance and the amount it's going to cost me in petrol:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE