Bushcrafty books that also tell a gripping story........?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Ok, husband just read The Long Walk - he told me it was incredible, but half way through it he said that it must be fiction, as some of the events were just too staged to be a true story......anyone know if it IS a true story, or something that was elaborated upon?

I'm guessing this is in reference to the Yeti sighting. I'm undecided about it. Maybe his fevered and much battered mind made the whole thing up as some delusion based on something he did see, or he's to be believed at face value. But given the circumstances he'd been through before any mind is allowed to slip its cogs a bit before getting back on an even rythmn again.

I read he was "encouraged" to edit that part out of the final draft, but stuck to his guns insisting it should be left in, so that would add creedance to his account, but not his state of mind.

This one is AMAZING
Saxton Pope was working as a doctor in California when he was asked to treat a most unusual patient.

Known as Ishi, the last stone-age man in north america, who in 1911 had stepped out of the stone age into the modern world
Its an incredible tale of their friendship, a how to manual for building bows and arrows, and the story of Popes subsequent hunting adventures
And its on Gutenberg for free!
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8084

SBW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE