Bushcrafting Wives/girlfriends/partners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
IF YOU WANT TO INCLUDE YOUR WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS IN BUSHCRAFT YOU NEED TO ADDRESS THE TYPES OF BEHAVIOUR THAT MAKES THEM FEEL EXCLUDED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That eliminates any kind of protien collection,any use of knives,any place where insects may be found,anywhere without civilised toilet facilities,anywhere below 75 degrees temporature or any places with muddy ground.
Hmmm,not much left then. :puppy_dog

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
bushwacker bob said:
IF YOU WANT TO INCLUDE YOUR WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS IN BUSHCRAFT YOU NEED TO ADDRESS THE TYPES OF BEHAVIOUR THAT MAKES THEM FEEL EXCLUDED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That eliminates any kind of protien collection,any use of knives,any place where insects may be found,anywhere without civilised toilet facilities,anywhere below 75 degrees temporature or any places with muddy ground.
Hmmm,not much left then. :puppy_dog

Looks like Sainsbury is your only option!!

:D

M@rk

Forager
Aug 31, 2005
Purley, (south London) Surrey
I feel very lucky, my lovely likes being out doors and all things bushcrafty. Her main thing is plants and herb lore and has resonantly started leather work, made a new sheath for her knife :D
P1020637a.jpg

Last year we looked into hireing a yurt and found South Penquite farm on the edge of Bodmin moor. The yurts look great and the price seemed quite good.
yurt2.jpg
yurt4.jpg

South Penquite Farm

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
No chance of getting Mrs. Klenchblaize into a Swandri shirt so no bush babe for me then. Someone may though have greater luck with our daughter, once they get past me in some 20 years time, as she seems to have the camo boots and leopard-print ventile pants thing well under control!
DSC02328.jpg

Broke

Mar 20, 2007
Okinawa, Japan
redcollective said:
Apologies to all the female bushcrafters on here :You_Rock_, but for those of us with someone at home who isn't particularly interested in bushcraft - what are some of the ways you have been able to spark a little interest? Mrs Redcollective is fond of foraging and will happily turn a bucket of blackberries into muffins and jam, however that's about where the interest stops.

Anyone out there managed to convert a bushcraft widow into a bushcrafter? What worked for you?

Stu
my significant other used to roll her eyes at my interest in bushcraft, but recently she thumbed thru my How To Survive Anything, Anywhere book sitting on my computer desk and found the section on preparing fish for cooking. Being Japanese, she said, "Oh, that's good. You need to learn that." She has also been suggesting we go camping. Even a few nights ago, she came outside with my son to watch one of my fire-by-friction attempts!

I may have a convert on my hands...

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Broke said:
my significant other used to roll her eyes at my interest in bushcraft, but recently she thumbed thru my How To Survive Anything, Anywhere book sitting on my computer desk and found the section on preparing fish for cooking. Being Japanese, she said, "Oh, that's good. You need to learn that." She has also been suggesting we go camping. Even a few nights ago, she came outside with my son to watch one of my fire-by-friction attempts!

I may have a convert on my hands...

I think your right...definatly sounds like she is on the turn, keep up the good work. :)

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I agree with the comments about ankle biters, my 13 year old SWMBO is mucher keener on the outdoors than her mother.

She comes on walks with me, has all her own kit, including a tent and military trangia, and her mates think its amazing that she is allowed a knife and keeps it in her knicker drawer! :p

Having said that she does not normally look even vaguly "outdoorsy" in fact she is a bit of a fashion queen and more at home on MSN than this forum. :D

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
slightly off subject.
but to do with the fairer sex and the outdoors.
i have close connections with an outdoor charity in brighton who takeon trainies and are always looking for volanteers to help out with days multi days with young people mostley .they have this year had a real shortage of woman apply and or volanteer and they prefer to have a balanced ratio when takingout the groups (anyone who has worked with young people will know its preferable to have woman deal with the young girls where ever possible). great oppotunity for any one who wants to improve there skills in all aspects of the outdoors and do a lot of good for local comunity and get invaliable group skills if considering making it more of a career move.
anyone interested pm me and i will pass on contact details

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE