Bushcrafting in Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Hi Joel

Finally got around to replying. :rolleyes:
I know of Botley its about 5 miles from me.
I think they have a gunsmiths there don’t they?

Let me know how Dartmoor goes.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Sorry for the late reply(s)!!
I forget to check this thread for activity...:eek: I think it's because it's so far down the main page! I'm so lazy...

I've never been into Town & Country Sports. I am curious though! Not really had much of an opportunity to shoot.

Anyways, are you up for going to Dartmoor? I have got an extra DD tarp you can borrow! :)

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Is that the one at the end of May?
At present I’m in the process of going for another job/career so I have no idea what I’ll be up to in May so will have to say no sorry. Also would prefer one a bit closer to home for my first meet being totally new to it.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Is that the one at the end of May?
At present I’m in the process of going for another job/career so I have no idea what I’ll be up to in May so will have to say no sorry. Also would prefer one a bit closer to home for my first meet being totally new to it.

Yeah that's the one. If you change your mind nearer the time then let me know, I'll most likely be driving so can give you a lift. I agree with the closer to home part, there does seem to be a bit of gap in Hampshire for meets. I would be up for organising it but need to sort a location too.

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
bushwacker bob
I would say Pinsent up in Winchester rather than Lyons Copse as they allow ground fires as long as they are controlled.
It's the only site in the area that still allows it to my knowledge plus they have an area set aside for those sort of camps, it's where I'm taking my scouts in June.

As for using scout campsites as long as some of those taking part are in the scout association then you get the scouting rates ;-) I've had cheap family holidays in Devon using my scout warrant.

Cutting greenwood on any scout site is normally forbidden but you can always bring your own, it's what I normally do to get around it, too much bloody pallet wood on these sites now. Circket Campsite near Hedge End (my stomping ground) used to get proper wood as one of the camp team is a tree surgeon but only alter fires are allowed as it's peaty soil round there.

Sorry for digging up an old topic but it caught my eye as a new member

Last edited:

Arvensis

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2006
Eastleigh
I saw the other thread about the meeting on the 19/20th April. I have the time off from work, permission from the missus and would do the 19th for sure but no gear so I would probably have to give it a miss, hence not posting on that thread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE