Bushcrafter Beard Oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've never used beard oil but I do make my own mustache wax, the stuff you buy tends to be inferior and not give enough hold.

Have you tried Captain Fawcett s Expedition Strength ?
26f61196a50a06558e4fe0d15eadf893.jpg

2c7bbcc11dfe904e41b8b8cdebd1415f.jpg

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I haven't to be honest, the best I found was fireman's wax shipped over from Murica. Wasn't cheap but it worked great even after swimming. That's what drove me to making my own. The Captain Fawcett's looks good though. Making your own means scents you like/desired hold and the added bonus of the feel good factor of a diy approach. Plus it cost me pennies as my wife has no end of oils for aromatherapy I can nick ;)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I haven't to be honest, the best I found was fireman's wax shipped over from Murica. Wasn't cheap but it worked great even after swimming. That's what drove me to making my own. The Captain Fawcett's looks good though. Making your own means scents you like/desired hold and the added bonus of the feel good factor of a diy approach. Plus it cost me pennies as my wife has no end of oils for aromatherapy I can nick ;)
No better feeling than 'home made'
:thumbup:

faultline

Feb 18, 2014
Essex
I would be interested in trialling/buying some of this.
Are you just thinking of making oils or balms as well?
As for 'flavours' sandalwood and cederwood are always good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent thanks, I sense some olefactory themes.

I'm going to put this out there as a test of boundaries

Pine tar?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I would be interested in trialling/buying some of this.
Are you just thinking of making oils or balms as well?
As for 'flavours' sandalwood and cederwood are always good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its just for fun right now. If we find a popular formula, I may do a limited batch for members. I would love to widen the trial at to more people, but I really can only afford to do it for a small number. Some of the carrier oils discussed are £70 a litre. The essential oils are much more than that.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Citrus, woods and spices all appeal... floral.. not so much, but thats based on what i imagine floral to smell like.... i may well be wrong.

I get the sense of floral being a no, but herbal being possible ( sage, rosemary, lavender etc.).

I am starting to think

Woody
Herbal
Spices

?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The pine tar would make a good base for some designed to hold the beard in shape.... Or as you suggest, a really diluted bit in other oils for just that whiff. :)

Brave man:You_Rock_

I would need to work it into a light, non sticky, oil blend. Be a fun one to try and I suspect a hint would be enough.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have glass vials at 10ml ish from toddy and eo safe hdpe twist top plastics at 50ml. I will trade you how many you want for bottle of the finshed product for my old man and his unpampered face.

I'm sure we can work out a trade :)

I've ordered a batch of squeezey bottles with droppers for the 10ml size as I think something that dispenses a small amount will be needed for us cack-handed beardies :)

The 50mls may be good for the finished product. I doubt people will want more than that as a bottle - thats a 2 ounce size.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I have nightmares about pine tar. I like the smell in product size doses but I wouldn't wish the clean up after making bulk stuff with it on my worse enemy. It is horrendously mucky and might colour a grey beard a dirty brown.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I like the idea of pine tar but I think it'd have to be just a hint; like catching a whiff of woodsmoke on an Autumn day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE