Bushcraft: Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob84

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2006
Tamworth,Staffordshire
How much is this book worth second hand as it appears to be out of print and there is non on amazon

ghjj.jpg

Rob

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tony said:
Heck, I've given away half a dozen copies of that one :rolleyes: Should have kept them for the inevitable price hike :D

I'm not touching mine anymore :D I'm putting it in a safe place ;)
Now ... why didn't I bought that other copy a saw last month .. :rolleyes:

Also got a copy of the 4 season version: blue-ish cover, white letters, cheap paper (brown-ish) with drawings ... Most be almost 10 years old by now: my first RM copy - and first introduction to bushcraft :D
aaaahhh sweet memories :p

Mad mad world we are living in ... 234 GBP for a book ... (and it's not even a few hundred years old, hand made, extremely rare (as in only 10 ever made) ... :eek:

Lemoneyewash

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2004
UK
Challenger said:
My copy had been marked when I bought it back in 2003, somebody had written his name on the title page, initials RM. May be not worth that much? :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm stunned, I got a signed one too.....it's goin' somewhere safe...!!!

:rolleyes:

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Don't want to burst anyones bubble but ......

Isn't there a small version out there?
Same content, more managable size, under £15 in Sussex Bookstores

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
2blackcat said:
Don't want to burst anyones bubble but ......

Isn't there a small version out there?
Same content, more managable size, under £15 in Sussex Bookstores

Don't know if there are any in Sussex Bookstores ... as I haven't been there for a while ;) :lmao: But there is indeed a smaller version of this book. It's meant to carry with you when you're out and about. Lots more handier (size) to use out in the field.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Somewhere, there's a post which shows the overlap between Ray Mears' books and if it was worth buying X if you have Y, but I can't find it and I really can't think what to search for. I've a feeling Spamel might have posted it but can't be sure.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The smaller version has more photos of equipment etc, and is the better version. My local The Works bookstore had a pile of the larger hardback version about a month ago for £9.99 each. I may just have to run down there right now.....

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
No Scanker, wasn't me. Got your PM by the way, just thought I'd save myself posting twice!! I do rememeber the thread though, the various books were colour coded aswell. I'm gonna have a look, I may be some time!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE