Bushcraft Book Sources?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Following on from the bushcraft book thread, I wonder where you find your books?

Do you buy new or used. Charity shops, online book sellers very Amazon and Waterston to Abe books?

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Abe books, even though they are owned by Amazon. I buy as little as possible from Amazon, but for books and that they are hard to compete with.

Charity shops but it’s an are day they have anything as specific as the books mentioned.

Reactions: CLEM

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Have you looked at world of books? Sometimes cheaper than Abe but other times not.

I bought a book on Friday through abebooks from a certain company. Got a message saying it was dispatched for delivery on the 4th. However, on Saturday 2nd i got the book delivered by WoB without having ordered or paid for it. No idea what to do about that. Wob were double the cost of abebooks but since I never paid for it ....

Sorry for going off topic, have you ever placed an order with one company, get the same thing from another next day only for the company you ordered from to deliver several days later? What would you do? It was addressed to me but I never paid for it or ordered it. I've checked my bank statement, no payment to wob only abebooks. I'll wait until I get the abebooks delivery in case wob fulfilled the abebooks order.

Anyway, think I'll look up a few titles from the other thread on bushcraft books on abebooks.

Reactions: nigelp

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
I've probably boringly offered this up before, because I do it regularly on many fora, but to search many places in one go, BookFinder is your friend.

As for a purchase apparently coming from another seller, I've had the same thing. I assume there's some sort of arrangement that makes financial sense for sellers to list books they don't actually have and then get them to you via a seller who does. But honestly, I've no actual idea. Doubt you'll have two copies delivered, though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE