Bushcraft radio net

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Crazyclimber, now I will show my age, I did the trials on Clansman!!! Raised on larkspur, c11, C42 and the D 11, which by the way was mounted on a K9 box body, we thought when it was mounted on the Bedford with the genny on too, it was the dogs danglies.

aah, simple things for simple minds!!!!

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I've just googled the Larkspur range - interesting radios that were no doubt fairly cutting edge at the time. It does make you appreciate just how technology has advanced though and what Yaesu achieved with the FT-8x7s!
Are you a member of VMARS / RSARS? If not the following may be of interest to you http://www.vmars.org.uk/ http://rsars.org.uk/ VMARS hold nets sometimes on 80 / 40, mostly with AM so you should be able to join in no problem with your 817

73 (/72!)
Ioan

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I just joined last Thursday the RSARC, I have spoken on the net a couple of times also a member of RSGB.

looking at some dipoles at the moment currently using a 10meter sloping wire and the widebander antenna to transmit on, picked up some Aussie stations but furthest two way traffic is the Azores on 20meters USB, not a lot done on CW yet.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Just in case you think my username is my call-sign it isn't - I only use radio to listen to Radio2 but I do like Ham though!

I've been asked loads of times so thought I better warn you before you end up contacting someone you think is me and they have no idea what bushcraft ;)

Apr 7, 2013
Sunderland
Hi
I am a 2e0 just signed up for the advanced licence course, I run a Yaesu FT-8900R (quad band) and Alinco DX-70T in the car and a Yaesu FT-7800R (dual band) and Alinco DX-77 in the house
73’s

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE