Bushcraft Humble pie!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Rap, you're one of those guys that I see as a 'character' i've never taken offence, you've been around a long time and we enjoy you being here. It does take courage to post what you've posted and i take my hat off to you, you're being an example to many.

Good to have someone around with your passion about the subject Rich.
Takes a brave man to apologise, but unless I've missed a few threads I don't see the problem. (Your addiction to obscur webbing etc, now that you should seek some profession help for though!)
keep the interesting posts coming

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What is all this "Nobody is perfect" thing?
I am perfect! - at being ME!
OK some may think that that is a "perfect idiot" or me being perfectly obnoxious - but I am still perfect!
So is Rappleby2000 perfect - at being himself...and I do not see that as a bad thing (well not all the time!") and I look forward to reading his posts...most of the time! :)

Also - a mistake is only a mistake if made for the second time - before that it is a learning point! :)

Well done Rap for seeing that some folk get upset by things and being big enough to say sorry!

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Having your own opinions and voicing them here isn't anything to feel bad about Mr Rappy. The fact that some people may get a little upset or whatnot or feel their little world has been somehow made a little less unclear by someone saying something other than the norm, is certainly no big thing.

Cheers,

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Having your own opinions and voicing them here isn't anything to feel bad about Mr Rappy. The fact that some people may get a little upset or whatnot or feel their little world has been somehow made a little less unclear by someone saying something other than the norm, is certainly no big thing.

Cheers,

That just about sums it up for me too.

Just keep doing what you do, you can't please all the people all the time.

Opinions are what makes online forums work.

Throwing opinions and ideas into the hat is what a forum is all about, just try and do it in a polite way.Who wants a forum full of nodding donkeys?

Remember the old saying

" In forums, no one can see you smile"

Enjoy the discussion, and contribute, it's why we are all here.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi friends and members,:eek:
I want to turn over a new leaf,
I realise that recently and in the past I have offended members of Bcuk and even other websites.

I Know I've reacted strongly and sometimes inappropriately to peoples a views and even kit. It's partly sue to issues I have.

so Can I say to you all, I'll try my best in the future to be considerate of the way I say and view things.

Cheers.

I have probably missed some of the threads to which you refer, but IMHO it takes guts to openly apologise.. keep posting cos these differences of opinion are what makes the forum interesting.

Just a pity that this thread went downhill so quickly, especially as it was started with so noble an intent.

Simon

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
For a supposed peaceful Hobby that gets you around the fire with good friends sharing and practising skills with like minded people some of you guys on here have some issues, chill out ***.

Yeah, that's just what I was thinking.
Still, I suppose it was a bit of fun reading this thread and seeing how quickly some people can tie themselves in knots. Provided a few minutes entertainment.

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
As a new member here im outraged by this thread,there was no mention of pie to me nor was i told to bring some,i can only assume its a Moot only affair.

Rappleby Nice post mate speaks volumes that you care enough about this forum to think about your impact upon it too this extent,online will never be an easy place to visit grammar and writing style very rarely match the person and at times dont put over the point intended.

Some may have a fancy poetic style but be very withdrawn in personal communication,others maybe be bright and fast thinkers but come over as naive and perhaps dim witted,the beauty is this confusion at times,often to me it seems the people that may clash are often the ones that may well hit it off in person.

We are fortunate enough to be in a position that we can go out in the sun or rain and see share these experiences,some people are less fortunate and the internet is there only window out into the world,with that in mind id hope people will look into the feeling and content behind post's that i contribute and i in turn will do my best to take a step back when reading others.

I dont think someone that posts here for a number of years matters more than a new person,but i do understand a little respect is due,as in offline life just be considerate to others,very rarely in offline would we jump down someone throat for expressing a viewpoint to which we differ.

To like bushcraft is guess you have to hold a calm patient steady manner in things and get pleasure in noticing what a lot of folks may walk by and not see,id say we would have more in common with each other than most and if we can keep that in mind we wont do to bad.

Myself i have found a lovely warm welcome from the site and look forward to establishing a place here and hopefully over time meet a few of you and learn what i can on and offline,even if at times my posts may appear to be scripted by nothing more than a semi shaven monkey

Rapple have you been watching the Gervais cartoon?,I like Karl due to that show and may get his book

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
meh give over Rap, internet forums are designed so that people get the wrong end of the stick regardless of whats posted ;)
takes guts to man up with the post but i don't ever remember being offended by you so no worries ;)

andy r

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2010
Torquay
And due to the environment in which bushcraft is practiced there are plenty of sticks to get the wrong end of !!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I can recall (with considerable horror) a few of my earlier posts in which I was somewhat acerbic to a few members, some of whom have posted in this thread.

At the time I made those posts I was passionately challenging/defending/raising a point/opinion as a matter of principle... Or so it felt!

However, looking back, I felt extremely uncomfortable at the tone, terminology and temperament of my replies, and I realized that these all bore the same characteristic in that they were not how I would normally conduct myself in discussion and debate.

I felt acutely ashamed that I'd conducted myself in that manner, and not just on one occasion, and vowed to in future speak (type) in the natural manner I would throughout a verbal conversation.

I'd rather risk boring people with my enthusiasm for techniques or gear (did I mention titanium!) than offending or upsetting them with how I write what I write, though in truth I'd rather do neither!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all i havant read any threads appertaining to said forum member all i know is everyone desrves a second chance regards dave

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Hi friends and members,:eek:
I want to turn over a new leaf,
I realise that recently and in the past I have offended members of Bcuk and even other websites.

I Know I've reacted strongly and sometimes inappropriately to peoples a views and even kit. It's partly sue to issues I have.

so Can I say to you all, I'll try my best in the future to be considerate of the way I say and view things.

Cheers.

Buy everyone on the forum a beer and we'll call it quits :beerchug:
Only joking, good on ya fella. I've never found any of your posts offensive.
Keep posting mate.

PREPER............. :)

avalon

May 31, 2007
South Australia
What is all this "Nobody is perfect" thing?
I am perfect! - at being ME!
OK some may think that that is a "perfect idiot" or me being perfectly obnoxious - but I am still perfect!
I have always believed that I am the only perfect one. It's interesting to find someone else who believes he has similar qualities to mine.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
No issues here Rap - you should see the cr*p people post over on airsoft forums. - some right numpties out there.

All the best

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE