Bushcraft Humble pie!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Don't beat yourself up over it old son, everybody posts crap that they regret from time to time.

The trick is recognising that you've been a ***** and guarding against it in the future; works for me anyway.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I think that it takes courage both to make an unpromped appology and to face-up to an issue Rappleby 2000. In a text based forum it can be hard to pick up the tone of a post, and all too easy to snap back a reply. I try to post in a way that I'd speak to someone face to face. Doesn't always work, but thats my aim. A little kndness & humility goes a long way. I've enjoyed many of your posts, and sure hope there will be more!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
thanks for all the support guy's.:grouphug:

I just had one of those epiphany moments, I'd upset one person in particular, in a big way(which I don't like doing), and it reminded me of loads of other people I've had minor clashes with.

For those that know me personally they know it's not in my nature to upset people.

Thanks again guy's.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
I half tempted to search the threads for the big spat you think you've caused. Can't imagine you've siad anything that bad, you always seem like a sound as a pound kind of guy to me.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Hey Rap I don't know what the issue was about nor do I care but good for you for taking the courage to apologize took a lot of ballz to do that. As one other member said hats off to ya for that.

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
"I just had one of those epiphany moments, I'd upset one person in particular, in a big way(which I don't like doing), and it reminded me of loads of other people I've had minor clashes with."

Almost tempted to suggest that if you've only ****** off one person in a big way then you should be the new Foreign Secretary.

'You shall judge a man by his foes as well as by his friends.' Joseph Conrad

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
No idea what Rappleby has said to maybe offend ppl (haven't been following the forum closely lately), but i do know it takes a big man to recognize your own mistakes, apologize and try to do better. Kudos!

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Without wanting to rock the boat, I feel a little hard done by as Rapp hasn't commented on one of my threads. Am I so boring that I'm not worth the energy.:)

But seriously, full marks for noticing that you have upset someone, extra credit that you've publicly admitted it and the fact that you feel remorse about it speaks volumes about the person you are. Confrontation is never nice, but you seem to be dealing with it.

I welcome comments from people who are passionate and more knowledgeable. But I weigh up what they say and take what I feel is relevant to me.

I think the best approach is to talk to people how I would like to be spoken to. But accept that not everyone thinks the same as me. So I'll also follow Rapps lead, if I have or ever do upset anyone, it was not my intention, and I am sorry if I have.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I'm afraid I Really can't go into any detail about it.
The thread in question? was on another site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE