Bushcraft Etiquette (resurrected)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
So wearing a dress and then visiting remote cabins is your Friday jolly?
:)

I am also one of those that prefer not to be in a group of people, as the main reason for me getting out is solitude, or intense quality time with my son.

Last edited:
Reactions: Van-Wild

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The list in Post no 1 is excellent, and there should be no need to write it down, as that is how we should behave at all times ( modified for circumstances)

But I would love to know how you achieve the same hygiene in nature as at home. (point number 15)
Impossible.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I agree! It's got nothing to do with bushcraft.... Janne all your fault! Ha ha smiley face. (Can't be bothered to do an emojie) your giving away all your secret fantasys here buddy! Now we all know! Winking emojie.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Things I can't stand when i'm out in the woods...
* Other people's music
* People talking politics/Crap
* Loud people
* Know it all's
* Burning of rubbish on a communal fire whilst people are cooking
* People with no bush skills doing dangerous stuff
* Dog walkers
* Posh dog walkers
* Having no where to poop

Going by this list, if you were Blind, Deaf and constipated you would have a really good time.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Dog walkers plugged into their phones listening to music with no idea where their dog is or what it's doing.
Dog walkers who scoop the poop into a plastic bag then hang it on a bush or just leave it on the ground.
I love dogs and there is no better companion in the woods. But these idiots make me want to commit something I shouldn't. Especially when a polite request to remove such offences is met with rudeness or indifference. Says it all!

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Agreed about these plastic bags hanging off trees, as the Hon Sec of the International Dung Beetle Society, i can confirm we are having trouble getting supplies.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
A recent trip to tarr steps there were SIXTEEN bags of dog poo thrown in the hedge or hanging from the hedge on the walk down from the car park to the river. Less than half a mile... to say nothing of the little piles that were not picked up. Despite polite notices and a poop bin. Grrrrr!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE