Bushbuddy Clone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UKarmr

Feb 22, 2012
N Yorks
Afternoon all,
Im rather intrigued by these wood gas stoves, I like the look of the Wildstoves wood gas stove Mk2, now at £50 its not bad, however I like the look of the nomadic trekker stove, apparently a clone of the bushbuddy- that one appeals to me as it doesn't scorch the ground, However, i can't find any UK reviews of that actual one- found a slightly amusing american one, but i got bored after a minute and closed it!

Has anyone here got one? used one?
Whats the consensus on the bush buddy. it'll be used for a variety of jobs, when I go hammocking / wild camping with the lads, taking my youngster out for the afternoon, multi day hikes, possibly some canoe touring.
I already have a variety of stoves (gas stoves, jetfoil, MSR whisperlite & Dragonfly, Trangia mini), so far nothing that uses natural fuel.

Thoughts?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Ive got a bushbuddy. Very nice bit of kit, burns well, and you can also use a trangia burner in it if you put the burner on top of thesimmer ring to raise it up. I've found that the stove, trangia, lighter, folding kuksa and tinder will all fit inside a 12 cm zebra billy. My preferred set up as it light, compact and versatile.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
have you ever used aliexpress? is it reliable - whats the buyer protection like? seems dodgy to me seeing as 90% of the stuff is a knockoff

back to the subject of wood gas stoves i picked up a DIY one a while back maked of a coffee can paint tin and a bit of wire mesh - worked really well

I use it loads, never had a problem. Money is held in ESCROW till you are happy and release payment to seller. Most stuff is made in china these days i just prefer to buy direct and save a few bob. I do not endorse buying counterfeit goods which breach copyright but the woodgas stove has no patents. Its simply another clone.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've a bushbuddy clone ? And enjoy using that as much as my woodgas. I prefer the woodgas for cooking on though ....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've had a Bushbuddy, Bushcooker and now the Wildstoves one. The Wildstoves version is well made just like the Bushbuddy and first gen Bush Cookers.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I've had a Bushbuddy, Bushcooker and now the Wildstoves one. The Wildstoves version is well made just like the Bushbuddy and first gen Bush Cookers.

Can you compare them for us Jonathan? I have the Bushbuddy and I find it best on good quality wood. It doesn't like rubbish wood (e.g. chopped up pallets) much at all, even if it's bone dry. I was wondering if the other stoves might be any more tolerant.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hey Ged, I haven't got the BB or BC anymore, but I can't honestly tell the difference in use. I've only ever used them with dry standing branches and pine cones, never pallet wood etc.

I found they work really well with the Whitebox stove too...

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I bought the original BB from Fritz about 2006 and its still going strong the are about £70 now I paid around £40 but a word of caution you can get stung with shipping charges from Canada so if you are unlucky it can end up costing nearly double.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE