Bush Tucker Man

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
I know some people on this forum enjoy the work of the Bush Tucker Man (Les Hiddins). I came across this interview with him today, which examines his life story and how he became interested in living off the land.

Bush Tucker Man Interview

I understand he appeared in a new Ray Mears show called Outback? Unfortunately they have not shown this in Australia.

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Thanks for the link. Les Hiddins is a legend and I remember watchiing the bush tucker man when the various series were shown on tv. I still have them on VHS tapes!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I'm going to have to say that although I like Rays stuff I found Les's stuff better as it was more down to earth and just seemed to have more information packed into the programmes.
Not really too interested in watching an interview with some yodeling bird waffling on about things being spiritual.

I would love to see Bush Tucker Man back on the TV.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There was a guy selling series 1 & 2 of BTM on ebay a while ago, he'd converted VHS to DVD and the quality is pretty good to be fair.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
You can get new DVDs of

Bush Tucker Man, Series One (1988 - 8 episodes, released on DVD in 2004) - ABC
and
Bush Tucker Man - Stories of Survival (1996 - 8 episodes, released on DVD in 2004) - ABC

on ebay imported from Australia. Region 4 PAL format, they played on my DVD with no problems but I can't guarantee they will on everyones.

Not found new copies of Series 2 though unfortunately

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE