Bush Moot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
is this the year 2008 that i join a bushmood can sombody give me a clu than I book a plane:thinkerg: :thinkerg:

Have a look for the old ones. 'Summer moot' will do I reckon for your search. Last 3-4 times it was held in Wales, with Bristol being the nearest city with a big airport, don't know if it's directly accessable from NL
From there, I think it's possible to arrange a meet up with one of the guys who have the airport on their route. Otherwise it'll be train and walk / order a cab from the trainstation?

HTH

leon-1

Have a look for the old ones. 'Summer moot' will do I reckon for your search. Last 3-4 times it was held in Wales, with Bristol being the nearest city with a big airport, don't know if it's directly accessable from NL
From there, I think it's possible to arrange a meet up with one of the guys who have the airport on their route. Otherwise it'll be train and walk / order a cab from the trainstation?

HTH

Cardiff International Airport will be closest, I believe that they do have flights going out to [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Schiphol[/FONT], so they should have them coming in from Schiphol as well.

I am not sure, so you will need to Check this. If it does run then KLM will probably be your best bet and flight time will be around 1 hr and 20 mins, all the best and hope to see you at the moot, that's both of you,

Leon:)

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Arjuna
Hoi en hoe gaat het :)

There are daily flights to and from Amsterdam from Cardiff Wales Airport (Rhoose) by BMIbaby :-

http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/en/index.aspx?affiliate=1

far cheaper than KLM and if you book early enough it's cheaper than bus fare :)

Rhoose airport is only about 6 miles from Merthyr Mawr, I eexpect someone would give you a lift if you ask nicely ;)

regards en groetjes uit Wales

beach bum

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Hmm, 7 hour drive? Yeehah! I'll be there! Might have to invest in one of those instant tents as I'll be knackered by the time I get down :lmao:

sas

Dec 8, 2007
yorkshire
New to this forum stuff so probably missing the obvious! I can only find ref. to a 1 day moot in Aug 2008 but if it's on from the 1-5th then we'll definitely try to get there. Will it be on the same site as last year and are there any more details yet? Cheers, sas

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Okay, these may seem like rather daft questions but...

1. Whilst I'd love my wife to join me, it's very unlikely as the last two occasions I've managed to persuade her to join me on lengthy periods outdoors it's tipped it down both times. So are these things more for families/ couples or are individuals welcome?

2. Now that I'm a confirmed hammocker (thanks Sandbag!) will there be ample places to hitch my tarp? Do I need to pre-book a space for this?

3. With 2. in mind - I do occasionally snore, like a chainsaw on occasions I'm told (exaggeration can't be ruled out!), although the recent medication has helped enormously it may be better if I pitched up slightly away from the light sleeper or closer to those a little harder of hearing.
icon7.gif
[coughs]

4. Food, bring your own or buy on-site?

5. Is it wise to buy a ticket now? Do these things sell out fast?

Having already had read many thoughtful articles by friendly and helpful members I think I know the answer to 1. but its worth checking, point .3 is a concern, I'd hate to ruin someones weekend, I could always leave a prodding stick handy I suppose?

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Okay, these may seem like rather daft questions but...

1. Whilst I'd love my wife to join me, it's very unlikely as the last two occasions I've managed to persuade her to join me on lengthy periods outdoors it's tipped it down both times. So are these things more for families/ couples or are individuals welcome?Have a look in the gallery at the Bushmoot 07 foto there's more than a fair share of families and the fairer sex represented but not exclusively so and a thoroughly good time was had by all. :p

2. Now that I'm a confirmed hammocker (thanks Sandbag!) will there be ample places to hitch my tarp? Do I need to pre-book a space for this?Lots and lots of places to hang a hammock , first there gets first choice as booking would not even be practical.

3. With 2. in mind - I do occasionally snore, like a chainsaw on occasions I'm told (exaggeration can't be ruled out!), although the recent medication has helped enormously it may be better if I pitched up slightly away from the light sleeper or closer to those a little harder of hearing.
icon7.gif
[coughs] See above answer.

4. Food, bring your own or buy on-site? Bring your own , but there are supermarkets ,Tesco and Lidl not far away.

5. Is it wise to buy a ticket now? Do these things sell out fast? Always pays to get your retaliation in first :lmao:

Having already had read many thoughtful articles by friendly and helpful members I think I know the answer to 1. but its worth checking, point .3 is a concern, I'd hate to ruin someones weekend, I could always leave a prodding stick handy I suppose?

Hope this answers some of your questions, I highly recommend it.

regards

beach bum

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I thought as much, thanks for your comments, looks like I'll be buying a ticket then! I look forward to meeting a few of you there.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hmmm ... at the moment my diary is empty for those dates :27:, albeit there are some 2nd chance exams pencilled in ... (in case I fail them in May / June)
31/07: birthday GF :beerchug:
01/08: exam (with enough time to make it to Amsterdam in time :confused: )
01/08 - 08/08: empty :D
09/08 - exam :(

BMI says no return on Tuesday 05/08 though, so return will be on Monday ... I'll have a word with my chauffeur if he can bring me to the airport ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE