Buffalo Wind Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I bought one of these recently from Penrith Survival:

http://www.penrithsurvival.com/penr...ndproof+shell+with+ventilation+zips/pid/8309/

I wanted something very breathable and windproof, mainly for fair weather hill walking. I'm very impressed so far. It's super light pertex, stops the wind and is indeed very breathable. It was perfect at 300m to 900m on a peak in Snowdonia last week and I didn't need to constantly take it on and off when climbing/resting to take in the views.

I ordered on the net but found that my chest measurement plus 2 inches was a good fit, with space for a fleece in the winter.

It's made in Sheffield and quality seems very good. Top marks for Penrith Survival too...very helpful and quick delivery.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I agree, I've had and worn to threads 1 buffalo shirt, and today I use a Buffalo top, trousers and sleeping bag! very good quality gear, very trustworthy!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Yep, Buffalo do quality stuff. I have a mountain shirt and a modified Big Wall shirt for winter climbing. The windshirts are very similar to the various other pertex topd that are around and they are much underrated. They make a great lightweight layer that makes a significant difference and weight nothing. I have a green one with a hood from Arktis and it is a constant companion!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hah !, had mine on for the last 2 evenings, its getting a bit threadbare now though, its at least 14yrs old, time to start scanning ebay for a new one.

Rob

Nalaheyw

Aug 23, 2010
Wales - Abergavenny
I have had one for years and been out in very cold days on Snowdonia and Brecon with just that on and so so warm and nice even had to vent at times as so warm , , good kit

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE