bucks bushcraft group

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
So far for the next meet we have /my self /Aaron/Rod/Silverback/ the joker?/ seoras/roveing rich/swyn/tomuch kit to carry/.there are going to be some workshops ie bow drill and game prep.it sould be a lot of fun.If intrested pm me cheers Jason ;) two more bambodogy/ gobblor

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Re the next meet and walking.
I am going to be at my end as my knees are just not up to doing long walks any more :(
On the food front. Thanks for the furry offers Silverback, but as my son is a vegetarian I will probably do a meal for him and will pick at the meat and add it to my dish if that is ok with you.
Looking forward to this.
Cheers from Swyn.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Absolutely no problem at all Swyn there will be plenty for you to add :) . I will join you at your place on the Saturday as I can't do the Friday and have volunteered to bring some of the heavier kit in the car ahead of the bimblers! Looking forward to it :D

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
As before can we coordinate who is bringing what in terms of food/spices/cooking kit

I am bringing the meat (Venison and Rabbit), dumplings and a pair of decent metal tongs. I will also be transporting the infamous Buck's Bucket :D for cooking it all in after Jason drops it off round my gaff this week. We only have a few days to go so please respond in this thread ASAP :)

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Silverback said:
As before can we coordinate who is bringing what in terms of food/spices/cooking kit

I am bringing the meat (Venison and Rabbit), dumplings and a pair of decent metal tongs. I will also be transporting the infamous Buck's Bucket :D for cooking it all in after Jason drops it off round my gaff this week. We only have a few days to go so please respond in this thread ASAP :)
I will drop the pot of on satuday moning .I will bring bannok and veg and half a palet of slabs :p

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I am going to putting an order in with Country Covers within the next day or so for another shirt like the one I have been wearing on our meets. It has fast become my favourite bit of kit and was the garment reviewed in the bushcraft mag 1 or 2 issues back. They charge a fair whack for postage so if any of you were thinking of buying one let me know and I will include your order with mine and we can split the postage. I can bring the goods along to a meet or you can collect from me. The link for info is here . If I don't hear anything within the next day or so I will put my order through

Regards

Dave

Silverback said:
I am going to putting an order in with Country Covers within the next day or so for another shirt like the one I have been wearing on our meets. It has fast become my favourite bit of kit and was the garment reviewed in the bushcraft mag 1 or 2 issues back. They charge a fair whack for postage so if any of you were thinking of buying one let me know and I will include your order with mine and we can split the postage. I can bring the goods along to a meet or you can collect from me. The link for info is here . If I don't hear anything within the next day or so I will put my order through

Regards

Dave

Dave,

Please don't tempt me to buy any more kit :eek:

This week I've already bought 2 x Arctic smocks, 1 x Acrtic trousers, prolly a Swanni and it's still only Wednesday morning!!! :lmao:

Cheers mate and see you at the meet ;)

Phil.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
But its soooo soft and warm and snuggly and it might be my imagination but I can faintly hear the words "Buy me Phil, buy meeee" as I look at the web image :lmao:

I am out tonight after the meat for Saturday BTW - I reckon I am gonna need 8 rabbits and a haunch of venison (already got that). The missus picked up my ingredients for the dumplings from Tescoids yesterday :)

Oh yeah and I meant to say that the link is for the Antartica Shirt which is about half way down the web page :)

Meat sounds great - I love venison it's my favourite :D

I've had a look at the shirts and I'm tempted to ask you to get me a large added to your order <notw to self - must resist the urge to buy more kit>

Lokking forward to meet you again and I'll be sure to bring my large bergen for you to have a play with, so I'll leave my 75Ltr at home ;)

Cheers Dave,

Phil.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Swyn - Jason indicated to me that the bimble would commence at around 11 o'clock so they expect to be at your place for 1230 ish. I will be coming straight to yours and was planning to get there around 1100 if that's ok - we can get a fire going and play with my flat pack stove so they can rest their weary little feet and have a nice brew when they arrive - ahhhh :D

Oh yeah and as my memory is so bad can you pm me a postcode for your location so my GPS can find it (I did come to the Christmas moot but can't remember how to get there :rolleyes: )

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
Hey I'm just wondering where abouts you lot meet location wise you dont have to be precise just interested to see how far away you lot are.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
MitchelHicks said:
Hey I'm just wondering where abouts you lot meet location wise you dont have to be precise just interested to see how far away you lot are.
High Wycombe (ish) - if I told you any more than that I'd have to eat you! :lmao:

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
Yeah I understand I live near Iver and am always looking for places to practise do you reant any land or do you know the owner.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
MitchelHicks said:
Yeah I understand I live near Iver and am always looking for places to practise do you reant any land or do you know the owner.
we no the owners read the posts . or pm me cheers jason

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
Do any of you guys do any leatherwork dont want to sound rude but id really like to learn how to make a sheath and no one i know does any.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE