bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I am giving a lecture that day but I will throw my kit in the car and try to turn up in the dark. Will bring a bottle of the good stuff, find me a flat spot that has not been used as a urinal- I know what you lot are like! Last time I spent most of the night sliding down hill! :lmao:

Oh yeah, got a design for the badge!

Sandsnake

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
sandsnakes said:
I am giving a lecture that day but I will throw my kit in the car and try to turn up in the dark. Will bring a bottle of the good stuff, find me a flat spot that has not been used as a urinal- I know what you lot are like! Last time I spent most of the night sliding down hill! :lmao:

Oh yeah, got a design for the badge!

Sandsnake
that will be good to see you .GET A HAMMOCK :D

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Who is coming out to play this coming weekend and can you make it on the friday? So far there are six of us, can I have some comfirmation cheers jason :red:

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I have just remembered I promised to post some pics from the last meet so if you are still contemplating a visit this weekend perhaps these will wet your appetite a little :)

The first two show a certain Mr Sears and Rod constructing the group shelter that worked to great effect when the wind arrived in the evening (as in weather :D )

GroupShelter2.jpg
GroupShelter.jpg

Next up was Rods SupaTarp endorsed by Billy Smart :D

Supatarp.jpg

After all that work we needed some quality scran (the baby soft hands chopping the nettles are Mr. Sears') A delicious Venison and Rabbit stew was the end result which obviously went down well as everyone went back in for second helpings at about 11 in the evening :)

RabbitnRucksack.jpg
ChoppedNettles.jpg
RabbitandVenisonStew.jpg

I could/should have taken loads more photos but if yer snappin photos you aint havin' fun and I was there for fun! :p

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Have just secured a couple of pheasants to add to the pot on Saturday. So far we have Venison, Rabbit and Pheasant. I will be attempting to add a few Squirrels on Friday weather permitting.

Any volunteers from those attending to knock up and bring along some dumplings/dumplings ingredients for the stew? It would be good if we all agreed on who is bringing what to avoid duplication and ensure we end up with a feast fit for a king! I am obviously supplying all the meat :D

I will also bring the big pot and a nice shiny new pair of tongs purchased especially for the occasion :p

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Silverback said:
Have just secured a couple of pheasants to add to the pot on Saturday. So far we have Venison, Rabbit and Pheasant. I will be attempting to add a few Squirrels on Friday weather permitting.

Any volunteers from those attending to knock up and bring along some dumplings/dumplings ingredients for the stew? It would be good if we all agreed on who is bringing what to avoid duplication and ensure we end up with a feast fit for a king! I am obviously supplying all the meat :D

I will also bring the big pot and a nice shiny new pair of tongs purchased especially for the occasion :p
Iwill bring some veg and bannock stuff and dvds :lmao:

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
No sprouts this time though please Jase.....

I'll take care of the dumpling stuff, and bring some special seasonings.....

I'll see if I can find a tidy recipe as well - there's a cracking Hugh Fearnsley Whittingstall one for rabbit involving , pancetta, double cream and mustard....

Rod

On a new journey
J,

Will gather some brews from tescoids along with some spuds, onions, carrots and anything else that's reasonably healthy. Sandsnakes set to arrive 7pm ish. I've told him were we be....

Looking forward to it - work has been mega sh*te with added sh*te on top this week. :borgsmile

P.S. Silverback - like the photies. Cheers mate :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE