bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Well done Silverback! I was having a job remembering all that.
The basket, rocks, hessian sacks, fire pit and firewood are all there, so all you have to do is light the fire and, ready... steady ...... cook!

Cheers
Swyn.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
If anyone is interested, I can bring the moth trap up and run it for a few hours on saturday night. If you have never seen these working before and the results they get, I would recommend it, but it does need a noisy generator to run it, so would need to go somewhere out of earshot.....

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Jon Pickett said:
it does need a noisy generator to run it, so would need to go somewhere out of earshot.....

Jon, do you want me to chuck my mini generator in the back of the truck too? It's pretty quiet to be fair and on the end of two 30m extentions you can bearly hear it from camp.

Let me know mate,

Bam. :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
bambodoggy said:
Jon, do you want me to chuck my mini generator in the back of the truck too? It's pretty quiet to be fair and on the end of two 30m extentions you can bearly hear it from camp.

Let me know mate,

Nice one Bam, yes please, those little digital gennies are great, I will bring some fuel for it though.....Moth trap has a 125 w mercury vapour bulb, so nothing too much....

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Jon Pickett said:
Nice one Bam, yes please, those little digital gennies are great, I will bring some fuel for it though.....Moth trap has a 125 w mercury vapour bulb, so nothing too much....

Cool as Mate, it'll do 600w :) Don't worry about the fuel, it takes two-stroke and I have heaps of that for my saws and blowers anyway lol

See you Saturday morning :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
bambodoggy said:
Cool as Mate, it'll do 600w :) Don't worry about the fuel, it takes two-stroke and I have heaps of that for my saws and blowers anyway lol

Fantastic, I am looking forward to it.....

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
bambodoggy said:

How much noise will your generater make ,because dont want to up set neighbours, give swyn a pm about it

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
Looks like I can make it over there for Sat/Sun. Just let me know what I can bring. If we are going to be skinning anything don't worry as I've brought my own Deep Cut plasters!!
Micah

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
bambodoggy said:

Let me know mate,

Thats cool ;) see you there

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Jason, do me a favour and drop me a pm with the site address/details on it would you.....I can't find them anywhere and wasn't paying attention to where I was going last time I left lol :D

Cheers,

Bam. :)

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
You had a moth trap and I did not make it.

Last client finished at 9, by which time I was done for then had to do a call out.

dam and blast!!!

Sandsnakes :censored:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
sandsnakes said:
You had a moth trap and I did not make it.

Last client finished at 9, by which time I was done for then had to do a call out.

dam and blast!!!

Sandsnakes :censored:
Moth trap did not produce much, was a cold evening....Got a nice lime hawkmoth though....http://ukmoths.org.uk/show.php?id=1773
Cheers guys for hosting, fab food, best rabbit I have ever eaten.
Swyn, sorry to of missed you, thanks for letting us into your woods......
Good to of seen you all again...
Jas....Eleanor is well made up with her fire steel, cheers for that....

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Thanks for the good company on Saturday night guys.

Really appreciated the drum stalk game Bam. Will be using it at my next cadet meet.

Jason did you have any luck with the Hand Drill mate? Also set up that extended Bearing Block attached to a tree when I got home and it worked a treat with the Bow Drill.

Good to catch up and maybe make it for the full weekend next time.

Cheers

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE