bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Thanks for another cracking meet lads and particular thanks for taking the time to help Jack out with both instruction and food :p . I was actually really proud of the little fella - there are not many 7 year olds (and only just) that would sleep on their own in a bivvy in a dark wood.

I was quite chuffed with how the Hangi turned out but we need to sort out the quantities as we always seem to have loads left over. Thanks to Jason and Rod for erecting the parachute so perfectly, Bam for his Drum Stalk and kiddies rations ;) , Seoras for his fire blessed fingertips :D , Gobbler for his ginger nuts (ooh matron), Ratel for the rather entertaining pole splitting demonstration :p Jon for his veg, moth trap (never seen a hawk moth before :) ) and great kids that kept Jack busy, Dommy for his spiritual guidance :lmao: and of course a big thanks to Swyn for both the loan of the hammock and the excellent facilities that allow us to try all these things out :You_Rock_

Regards

Dave

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Yes, great weekend and thank you very much everyone. Except whoever it was who kept the splitting maul secret!! :rolleyes:

There's an old saying that knowlege is learning from your mistakes, but wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others.

Well, I certainly wasn't wise then! :eek: :lmao:

Still, I had a brilliant time. I won't be able to make the Spring Moot as you know, but I hope I'll be around for the next.

Dave, Jon, just wanted to say that your children were a credit to you both.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Ratel10mm said:
Yes, great weekend and thank you very much everyone. Except whoever it was who kept the splitting maul secret!! :rolleyes:

There's an old saying that knowlege is learning from your mistakes, but wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others.

Still, I had a brilliant time. I won't be able to make the Spring Moot as you know, but I hope I'll be around for the next.

Kind of you, thank you.....

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Ratel10mm said:

That's nice of you to say so and you sir are a gent :D Glad you enjoyed yourself - that's what it's all about ;)

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
Can't believe it's been a week already! Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. Did anyone get any decent photos?

Micah

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
I can't mate. I've got to go into town. :sadwavey:

However, I do have the photo's I promised. :D

Micah getting the hand drill going.
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07002.jpg

BucksBushcraftmeetApril07001.jpg

The Hungi (sp?) warming up
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07003.jpg

So, what are we doing here again?
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07004.jpg

Lunch!
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07005.jpg

Mine? Please?
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07006.jpg

Don't forget to do this!
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07008.jpg

Ready for cooking
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07014.jpg

Jason making the main support
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07016.jpg

BucksBushcraftmeetApril07017.jpg

Notice the bushcrafty use of natural cordage:
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07019.jpg

Sorry this is on it's side - for some reason it just won't turn!!??

O...M...G! That was the best Salmon I have ever tasted!!!
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07021.jpg

Opening the hungi
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07025.jpg

Which really did the job! mmmmmm
BucksBushcraftmeetApril07027.jpg

Once again, thanks for a great weekend! :D :You_Rock_

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
Thanks for the photos.
BTW Swyn, great hand drill set you left lying around. I managed to get my first ember on it within seconds, having been trying for months on a different set at home.

Micah

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE