Broken those new year’s resolutions yet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Haven't made any, so can't break them - unless I decide to make a few at this very moment. That would break my new year's resolution (as in not making any) - but ... it's no longer new year :D hence can't make any new year's resolutions, hence can't break any :D

Love it when a plan comes together :naughty:

First year I can stick to it :red: :D
:240:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Nope...........about 2 years ago my New Years resolution was............Not to make them anymore, so I haven't.

And to date Im doing really well.

.............Doh, a bit like Bodge really:eek:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nope, so far I'm doing well. (smug grin) :)

"Eat a little less, move a little more", said Doc, so 2kgs so far and walked 'til I'm breathless twice a day :D Bit awkward with all the mud around here though, you should see the state of my boots and trousers :eek: Mud to the knees, and I ploutered around footpaths that were 6 inches deep in water.

Why? what resolution did you make yourself Kris?

cheers,
Toddy

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, I broke the one I made immediately!

I also made that "don't make any resolutions for the new year" resolution. But in doing it, I also then broke it.

This year, I also sent my resolution in to the local TV news program. They featured it on the 6 o'clock news! Here's what I sent in:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I resolve to not make any resolutions for the New Year.

Rats, broke that one already!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was "famous" for all of 10 seconds. So it goes.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Well since my resoloutions were of the nature of getting out to do things instead of not doing things, I haven't as yet broken anything.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
That's it, I'm doing more 'ploutering' this year, whatever that might be :)

I've been taking my print out of winter twigs when I go out so that I can have a guess
what the trees are, without cheating (if I happen to already know or suspect what the
local trees are). I'm probably going to get lots of odd looks from the locals...

Really I'm just continuing with last year's plans of learning a bit more about plants.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Mine was to learn to spin on my grandmothers spinning wheel that I've semi inherited .... and with Toddy's advice I'm slowly getting there :D ..... chuffed to bits I am.

Ed

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ploutering :eek:

You know that sort of awkward, trying to keep your balance on wet leafy, muddy ground and then it gets really wet underfoot, kind of walk? that's ploutering. It's wet, muddy, splashy, slippy......it's actually a lot of fun :D

cheers,
Toddy

Shankly

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
Cambs
Mine was the usual one for me - give up the smokes, and I am still smoke free (for now), but having said that I do practice at giving up and starting again very regularly. :naughty:

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
My new years resolutions (I don't usually make them) were things I hope to accomplish at some point during the year, giving me a whole year to get them sorted out. :cool:

So far I'm already well on my way to achieving one of them - read alot more than I have been doing over the last couple of years. I'm on my 4th book already and loving it :) I don't know why I lost interest in reading, it seems a bit silly :confused: :(

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
mine and my misses resolution got broken at about 11am on 01/01/08, when she came off her mountain bike crossing the tramtracks, resulting in a dislocated shoulder, and no feeling or movement in her hand or arm.

she is getting feeling back slowly but no movement, and is getting depressed, unsurprisingly.

sc

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
resolution to learn some skills this year, but still workin in holland so not much chance of meeting up and learning how to do things the RIGHT way. Well not til may at least so if anything on then in manchester area, I'll sign right up

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
resolution to learn some skills this year, but still workin in holland so not much chance of meeting up and learning how to do things the RIGHT way. Well not til may at least so if anything on then in manchester area, I'll sign right up

There were a few of us going to organise a bit of a get together in this area (we're just over t'hill from you) but at the mo the weather's just tooo grim! Maybe by May it'll have stopped raining :rolleyes:

I'm another one who doesn't make resolutions so can't break any :D

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Working with wood certainly does sound appealing, also byproducts, i.e. making charcoal, using ash for soap, what woods are good for which applications. So yes, I'd love to attend. May be able to marry it with a course attended at Penistone around may/ june time (weather permitting)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE