Broken those new year’s resolutions yet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Mine were (as in new years resolutions post)

1. To give up smoking completely. (I've cut down a lot but can't quite manage to pack it in completely - Any tips from Ex - smokers appreciated
2. Go to Church more.
3. Less TV - I don't watch a lot now, but if I'm waiting to go to work sometimes I may watch some drivel to pass the time................ More reading books/ studying plants/ radio
4. More exercise........An hour a day, every day. either walking - cycling - (jogging when I get fitter.)

So far.............. 1. Nope failed on that one. I just enjoy a smoke too much. But I now only smoke as a treat to myself instead of with every cuppa or when I get up etc. I sometimes go for 2 or even 3 days without a fag and then have one as a treat when I really, really fancy one. Worst time is not smoking with a pint, but I think the very worst will be sitting round the campfire chatting with a tinnie. I NEED a fag then. :eek:

2. Yep went to church last sunday on my weekend off. St Andrews in Headington and enjoyed it. So far so good. :)
3. Yep I've barely watched any TV this year so far. It's also good training for my venture later in the year for my year sleeping out (which I'm immensely looking forward to by the way) I've been listening to the radio whilst carving (a beech spoon ) and salad spoon and fork) and reading books......... Bass fishing, RM's Wild food, Gulag, 'The good old days' (about Victorian Crime and punishment....Very interesting)
4. Yep I've been walking and cycling everywhere and thoroughly enjoying it.

Another one I didn't mention, but have started so I can lose a bit of weight, is eating more healthily.
I've always had a good balanced diet and will eat just about anything except liver which is disgusting, licorice (scrapings from the devils underpants) and sprouts (could eat them at a push though). I never eat pizzas or Maccie D's or Kentucky etc anyway but I do love a roast or Indian curry though, so I'm eating A roast or chops or curry once a week on a Sunday as my weekly blowout and the other days it's fish every other day and salads pasta, rice , smoked salmon , etc. ..........................Does my bum look big in my jogging bottoms :D

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
1. To give up smoking completely. (I've cut down a lot but can't quite manage to pack it in completely - Any tips from Ex - smokers appreciated

A friend of mine who had to give up after a heart attack 5 years ago used liquorice root as a cigarette substitute. If you're not familiar with it - it is sold in health food shops and looks a bit like a twig the size of a ciggy. It's quite fibrous and when you chew the end of it, it tastes mildly of aniseed. For years he always kept a stick behind his ear and when he had the urge to smoke he'd have a chew on it. He still keeps a few in his desk drawer for times of stress! I know people who use tooth picks in the same way.
Good luck!

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
mine and my misses resolution got broken at about 11am on 01/01/08, when she came off her mountain bike crossing the tramtracks, resulting in a dislocated shoulder, and no feeling or movement in her hand or arm.

she is getting feeling back slowly but no movement, and is getting depressed, unsurprisingly.

sc

Hope your better-half's arm is well on the mend?

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Hope your better-half's arm is well on the mend?

Hi Dave, not as yet. shoulder ok - lots of physio but still not a lot of feeling, lots of painful pins and needles feeling in the arm. have to wait 6 weeks before a referal apparently.

cheers

steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE