2023 Resolutions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Born again bikers was a thing. People who rode bikes in the 60s, perhaps even ton up bikes. Then family came. Once kids grow older and more independent they try to relive their youth on the open road with superstores bikes that have the power they could only dream of. First ride out they open up the throttle and fly off the back!

No idea how often that happens but a decade or more ago when some friends who were bikers their whole adult life told me about that it we were in a campsite on a canoe club camp trip. Just add a bunch of obscenely loud bikes turned up. We thought it meant trouble and late nights of bikers drinking. Once helmets came off we knew that they would be no trouble. They all looked very grey and old.

Sure enough we got a talking to for being loud when they were trying to sleep. It was not even 10pm and they were already trying n to sleep! We decamped to a pub, got kicked out at 1am and got another telling off from them when we rocked up back at the campsite, worse for the numerous real ale pints and totally incapable of being quiet.

They got their own back about 9am when I was certain they over revved their engines for what seemed like several minutes before driving off! I've never understood why they don't make all ICE exhaust silencers capable off muffling exhaust noise to little more than human voice levels. The tech is there to do it for sure as I'm in the business. The only reason I've heard is that bikers like the sound of loud bikes and it would spoil their enjoyment with a few nutters claiming the few more BHPs are essential too.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not resolutions per se but what are your goals for your outdoors activities? Do you want to do something a bit different to your usual activities?

Perhaps this could be another thread topic but imo it's another form if goals or resolutions.

Mine is to take my now 10yo son out wildcamping in the lakes. I've been meaning to do it since he was 4 or even younger but never got round to doing it. We've done other things like campsites and cycle touring with camping kit but not backpacking up into the fells even for one night.

Reactions: Toddy and SaraR

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm in the camp of many - Lose weight, get stronger and fitter, first week nailed, full ahead for the rest of the year!
Also, I'm determined to be more organised and deliberate in life... achieve focused flow more while doing things, both work and play

Reactions: Toddy and TeeDee

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ah, Resolutions.

To be a Success at my Job.

Since I have a Job now. (I assure you, that was an accident).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE