British Blades Forum - down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Dunno about the rest of you but on the bright side, lack of looking through the classifieds is probably saving you all a fortune :D :D :D

Last edited:

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I might be careful with that. Martyn was very protective of the BB marque in any guise and has fought his share of legal battles over the years.
It might also be a bit insensitive to be seen as dancing on his grave if the poor bugger is ill or incapacitated.
Just sayin'......

It wasn't meant to be insensitive or in any way stealing the BB thunder, just a way for people to connect and get updates on what's happening.

I too hope Martyn's ok.

Fluffy

Feb 8, 2009
kent
Dunno about the rest of you but on the bright side, lack of looking through the classifieds is probably saving you all a fortune :D :D :D

I was being good...I was only doing a trade (for a lovely orange Serrata) and now it's broken (the site, obviously), probably out of shock. :lol:

Martyn hasn't been there for his own reasons for a long time. Perhaps he's sunning himself on a tropical island and won't discover the site has gone down until the drinks with the little umbrellas in them stop coming. :)

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Hope it aint gone, great resource but nature abhors a vacuum, if its gone its place will be taken.
I dont know Martyn from Adam but perhaps someone close to him might pop round for a howdedoo and a pint, or tea.

The problem is that so much will be lost that is written there. There are so many wonderful nuggets of info that have taken years to accumulate.

Fluffy

Feb 8, 2009
kent
The problem is that so much will be lost that is written there. There are so many wonderful nuggets of info that have taken years to accumulate.

I lost my forum to enthusiastic malicious hackers last year.
There is ( and there will be ) data stored all over the place that was on BB - anyone checked archives?
It's the structure that will have been lost.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Iv been a member for years but some of you guys have 10+ years under your belts , it would be a shame if it was just let go but I don't know the cost of running something like it ? , I feel for the makers and even when using google for reference I can't get into any historic pages :-( .

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
We are all speaking with great finality as if it really has gone and there's no prospect of a return, I doubt greatly that it'll be gone forever, it will be back when Martyn gets back in the game and sorts things out.

But as he hasn't been on since Christmas and is radio silent that could take a while.....

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland

Well heres hoping its like Fluffy says and the fecker is off on some sunny island drinking cocktails lol. Besides i was really getting an itch for a Fallkniven or two hoho!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Doom and Gloom is pointless and i'd much rather read about how great British Blades is and we're looking forward to it getting back online...
Anyone is welcome here in the meantime, it's no where near the same I know, Martyn has created something special and it's being missed, it's also an opportunity to catch up on anything else in life that's important, extra time with the kids, family, working on a project etc, use the break as a positive thing, I know it's not the same but hey, it's an opportunity as well as an inconvenience...

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Doom and Gloom is pointless and i'd much rather read about how great British Blades is and we're looking forward to it getting back online...
Anyone is welcome here in the meantime, it's no where near the same I know, Martyn has created something special and it's being missed, it's also an opportunity to catch up on anything else in life that's important, extra time with the kids, family, working on a project etc, use the break as a positive thing, I know it's not the same but hey, it's an opportunity as well as an inconvenience...

Indeed. There are also lots of things to spend money on here too, some of then aren't even made of metal!!! :D

packrat

Jan 30, 2013
London

Discovering BCUK is a positive side effect for me :)

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England

I entirely agree. BB is the best thing since sliced bread. ... Wait, it's better than sliced bread because we can't slice bread without a knife! Which came first, the knife or the loaf... :confused:

BB is great (as is BCUK of course, not forgetting where I am) and I bet it will be back (thanks Rapidboy etc) but even if not, life will go on. With BB v2.0 I expect, lol.

In the meantime, here's my tip on how to avoid getting lost when out in the bush (er... hills and dales really I suppose)...

... simple, just never plan to be anywhere in particular! It's always worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE