British Blades down

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think Blades is being a bit twitchy tonight. As I recall, the server is US based so maybe the 'mericans have a day off work to celebrate something? And they're crippling the server?

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Were you trying to access from work? It's always possible some bright spark in IT has added the site to the firewall block list?

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
nope home pc

no firewall on my computer, there's one on the router but I can't see that causing any problems. We did have interent trouble just before this happened but everything else is working fine now. I'll try it from uni tomorrow

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
tomorrow I'll try and find out if other computers on this network can access it. I've tried logging onto my own computer under guest with no luck

If I try to access it using internet explorer the browser goes to the msn search like it would if you didn't type in a valid url. It then shows up in the list or search results and when I click on the link it then displays the failure to access the page. With Firefox it goes straight to this
bberror.jpg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
175 users on British Blades at the moment. Not mega busy. Shame too, 'cos there are some really nice Damascus blades being shown off at the moment and a Sebbie swap for a stove of some sort.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE