Brisa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I can't seem to order from Brisa... they have no instructions to speak of and I emailed them in both english and swedish twice, weeks ago and had no response. Half the images do not show in either of the two browsers I use... does anyone else have similar problems?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Chris why not pop over to BritishBlades and drop Denish H an PM he is the owner of Brisa and has been very helpful in the pass i cannot think why he wouldnt e-mail you beck.. why is it that you cant order?

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
AH I have not tried contacting them but certainly do not appear to have any problem browsing their site with IE6.

That said I did have a problem on the web last week where half the websites I went to were slow or failed to load at all. The others were lightning fast, and note that I do not cache sites, so it was a bit inexplicable. I rebooted the ADSL modem and it restored normal service (!!???). Perhaps that's worth a try?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
you click on "add" (shown 1.) and the item goes to a shopping basket(shown 2.) which appears at the bottom of your screne.. once you have put those things you want in it then you click on "order" (shown 3.)
this is what it should look like:
brisa.jpg

i think the problem is your end as it seems to be your browser doesnt seem to show the important bits.. what browser are you working!?

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I understand it now. It's apparently an "ActiveX control. Click here for how to display it" apart from when I click there nothing happens. I have an extremely strong urge to smash my PC :badputer: but as it's not mine I really shouldn't. Thank you everyone for your help, as it's a PC problem I can take it from here, whether I use a sledgehammer or a screwdriver I leave to your imagination.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I have got to the bottom of it, just in case anyone has the same trouble. Windows XP Service Pack 2 doesn't let you use the ActiveX control that enables you to see it in IE. Opera doesn't support ActiveX as it is a piece of Microsoft software and they aren't allowed to. So I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and did it on the sly. It's a typical example of Microsoft trying to secure the market but ending up shooting themselves in the foot. :rant:

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
I had a similar problem when I was first trying to order on the Brisa site. in my case, I needed to download some Java stuff, can't remember what.

Gareth

ps I've made several Scandi knives with blades and stuff from Dennis at Brisa and I can recommend him wholeheartedly.

Cheers

Gareth

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I e-mailed Dennis only last week with an order, rather than using the site. He responded promptly and I already have my bits from him.

Are you sure you e-mailed him at the correct address?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE