Breakfast!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Come on then fellow Bush Tucker men and women. What do you eat for breakfast when you are not eating berries, nuts and roots in the bush!
For me it is either porridge with skimmed milk and honey, or crunchie nut cornflakes.
Forgot! Glass of cranberry juice and one or prefferably two cups of black coffee.

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
lol.

Spam aside, I'm attempting to steer a more healthy course nowadays, so breakfast is greek/ natural yoghurt, berries, crushed walnuts and oatibix, accompanied by orange/ grapefruit juice mixed 50/50. I have to admit that it's better than the Clusters I used to eat, though actually the Oatibix bitesize are just as bad, but I carefully ignore that :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Weekdays - 2 cinnamon/raisin bagels and a mug of black coffee
Weekends - grilled bacon, poached egg on toast, mushrooms, tom. then toast and home made (preferably wild fruit) jams and honey....
Blow out (when travelling in UK) - full fried!
In the fields/woods - Rat Pack of some sort suplimented by foraged.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Porridge with SALT and milk!!! :nana: Tea and toast with butter and home made marmalade. Is it morning yet?:11doh:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Two slices of toasted homemade bread with butter and marmite, and a cup of black coffee with sugar.
When I'm out, oatcakes and honey or marmite :)

cheers,
Toddy

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
lol.

Spam aside, I'm attempting to steer a more healthy course nowadays, so breakfast is greek/ natural yoghurt, berries, crushed walnuts and oatibix, accompanied by orange/ grapefruit juice mixed 50/50. I have to admit that it's better than the Clusters I used to eat, though actually the Oatibix bitesize are just as bad, but I carefully ignore that :)

I can't remember where I got it, but apparently there is something in grapefruit that doesn't go very well with the cholesterol-reducing statins that many of us older farts are being prescribed.

Ah, here's something: http://www.clinicalanswers.nhs.uk/index.cfm?question=444

Burnt Ash

Celberon

Dec 17, 2006
UK
For me nothing beats canadian style pancakes with a drizzle of quality maple syrup and a couple strips of back bacon. Mmmm ...

Ooh, and don't forget the black coffee!

:D

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Errrr... This! Not all for me though!! :rolleyes: This was a little snack at the last meet. Anyone hungry yet?

DSCN1879.jpg

In the field you can't beat a fry-up. I usually do a smaller version or porridge when I'm on my own. During the week at work, a banana and apple does me.

Pablo.

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Actually my favorite brekky is Eggs Benidict which is 2 English muffins with thick ham and a poached egg on each and covered with Holandaise sauce and black pepper, very nice indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE