brazier with spit roast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have had this in my mind for quite a while now I made it a bit at a time over the last couple of weeks the braziers made out of mostly scrounged scrap , i did have to buy the square and round steel for the spit , the grill is made from thred bar cut to lenght and welded onto side bits , the hot plate and the grill come off when you want to spit roast something :) the legs fold up under the thing and the spit comes off and fits inside , its a heavy beast of a thing but very sturdy and i am looking forward to giving it a trial run this coming week end :)
Hope you like it
DSCF2057.jpg

DSCF2056.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cracking bit of work John

You just missed out the hook for hanging your brush on ;)

I like the adjustable spit levels

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
.I saw the grill with roast cooking last Saturday and was well impressed with it.

It's a shame it's a one off as I reckon you'd have a good market for it if you were to make more Singeblister :)

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
Fantastic feast you've got there, it's making me drool !!!

The design is great and obviously works a treat. I am however curious as to why you have left the vertical posts extended higher, have you got something else in mind for them.

Not being critical; just being nosey as it has inspired me to have go at a spit

And as a guide how many John Smiths does it take for a joint that size to cook :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk

The design is great and obviously works a treat. I am however curious as to why you have left the vertical posts extended higher, have you got something else in mind for them.

And as a guide how many John Smiths does it take for a joint that size to cook :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It took about 13 cans for me:lmao: :lmao:

I left the long bits on the top as it was a work in progress , i rushed it out for that weekend so it wasnt really done , I had planned to put more stuff higher up , another cross bar to hang things off via hooks , after using it I think they would get to hot , and also some sort of rack at the top for slow cooking \ smoking fish and other items , I think I will just cut them off and use them as locking bars for the actual spit roast , I did manage to knock it off it hit the ketal and doused the fire :) meat didnt come to any harm though , locking mechanism would be a good idea when operating the spit under the influance ;)
I need to go down to Andys place to use the welder to get it finished , hopefully by the time middlewood comes round.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I left the long bits on the top as it was a work in progress , i rushed it out for that weekend so it wasnt really done , I had planned to put more stuff higher up , another cross bar to hang things off via hooks , after using it I think they would get to hot , and also some sort of rack at the top for slow cooking \ smoking fish and other items , I think I will just cut them off and use them as locking bars for the actual spit roast , I did manage to knock it off it hit the ketal and doused the fire :) meat didnt come to any harm though , locking mechanism would be a good idea when operating the spit under the influance ;)
I need to go down to Andys place to use the welder to get it finished , hopefully by the time middlewood comes round.

i'm telling you now, if your taking that to middlewood me and Calibanzwei will be sat around drooling all day heh.
pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE