Brass Monkeys Weekend 29 -31 Jan 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Only vote if you plan to attend - Do you want to hire a 20 x 20ft marquee for the wee

• Yes - (& am prepared to pay a deposit!)

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No thanks, I'd rather rough it!

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Chaps, dont think my kit or more importantly my experience or ability to be out in such temps is going to let me do this, perhaps next year when i've had more practice but for now i fear i'd die of hypothermia or at the very least spend the night cold enough to shatter with a sharp stick.
i'll have to pull out for the moment. if there's one later in the year count me in tho!
cheers!
pete

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Improviser + bro in law
drewdunnrespect (TBC)
SimonM
Firecrest
Singeblister
Mentalnurse
PJMcBear
Tetley (holds West Lancs archery ticket)
Flumpie (West Lancs archery and NSRA shooting - have to ask if shes willing to help)
Alex
Eds (TBC)
Melonfish (TBC)
Shewie (TBC)
ANDYWINKK
Bigbear
landyandy
Wayland. (Pretty confident now.)
Spikey DaPikey (TBC)
Cliv
Lurch

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Improviser + bro in law
drewdunnrespect (just need to book hols at work sorted with mum and dad)
SimonM
Firecrest
Singeblister
Mentalnurse
PJMcBear
Flumpie (West Lancs archery and NSRA shooting - have to ask if shes willing to help)
Alex
Eds (TBC)
Melonfish (TBC)
Shewie (TBC)
ANDYWINKK
Bigbear
landyandy
Spikey DaPikey (TBC)
Cliv
Lurch

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey up if you ever come over to N Yorkshire near to Harrogate i can get hold of tentage from work 18x24 and 12x12 for free i just need to book it and maybe help with transport. just one for the future. chris............

D

Dolphin

Love to come along though i'm fairly inexperienced (as in un-). I'm leaving the navy soon and will be back up in Manchester for a few years, so it'd be nice to know a few like minded northern folks.
Bear in mind though, I do tend to ask loads of questions, so turn me down if your easily annoyed!:pokenest:

Marty

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Love to come along though i'm fairly inexperienced (as in un-). I'm leaving the navy soon and will be back up in Manchester for a few years, so it'd be nice to know a few like minded northern folks.
Bear in mind though, I do tend to ask loads of questions, so turn me down if your easily annoyed!:pokenest:

Marty

More the merrier Marty - see you there!

Simon

F

Flumpie

you'll be in god company Marty we don't learn if nothing gets asked so i tend too be another asking "stupid" questions that other people then have to try too answer!

and looking out of my window i would say we will have snow! by the bucket load"

D

Dolphin

Happy days!:)

Improviser + bro in law
drewdunnrespect (just need to book hols at work sorted with mum and dad)
SimonM
Firecrest
Singeblister
Mentalnurse
PJMcBear
Alex
Eds (TBC)
Melonfish (TBC)
Shewie (TBC)
ANDYWINKK
Bigbear
landyandy
Spikey DaPikey (TBC)
Cliv
Lurch
Dolphin (possibly &wife)

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Have just spoke with the site and at the moment it is not accessable by road.

I think I will give this another week and then look at postponing until later. Any later than that I and will still have to pay for the marquee etc...:(

Simon

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
yeah we will wait and see, or can we rearrange back to middlewood if this place remains inaccessible?

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
As I am not able to make this weekend, I went away last weekend to the Lakes. It was FANTASTIC, bl@@dy cold but brilliant, temp was down to -15oC
Friday night but toasty in my dos bag and fleece liner.

Just thought I would let you all know that the cold can make it better so dont wimp out thinking it will be too cold, you will be kicking yourself when the others post how good it was.

Have a great time guys n gals.

Ian

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
As I am not able to make this weekend, I went away last weekend to the Lakes. It was FANTASTIC, bl@@dy cold but brilliant, temp was down to -15oC
Friday night but toasty in my dos bag and fleece liner.

Just thought I would let you all know that the cold can make it better so dont wimp out thinking it will be too cold, you will be kicking yourself when the others post how good it was.

Have a great time guys n gals.

Ian

Cheers Ian... Glad you had a good time in the snow.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE