Boy's Night Out in John Fenna's Woods

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Neat one, guys! Cool willow basket, John. Is that a drinking noggin made from a coconut? Greg, what is the make and model of your NODs / NVGs and your FLIR imager?

Gordy

Edit = Nice touch with the rat pack goodies in the basket! :D

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Neat one, guys! Cool willow basket, John. Is that a drinking noggin made from a coconut? Greg, what is the make and model of your NODs / NVGs and your FLIR imager?

Gordy

Yup - coconut mug - construction details are in my book :)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire

Gordy

Heres the Kit:

The FLIR thermal imager is similar to this one.
gI_0_i60frontback.jpg

And the NVGs are just a pair of these:

500x_mw2_pe_goggleslg__1_.jpg

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Thanks Greg, nice toys!

John, did a little googleing and found your books on walking and biking. The DIY Bushcraft Equipment one, must be available through you personally. Here is one for ya, friend. Ever since I first saw your picture, here awhile back, I have had a thought in my head that you are a familiar bloke. I haven't been able to place you in my mind until tonight and your mention of your book. So, when I did the search thingy and saw the material in which your books are written about, it came to me. The hat, the beard, your solid outdoorsy appearance, the outdoor writing, the hiking...Revelation Moment... You remind me of the great (late) Colin Fletcher.

Gordy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks Greg, nice toys!

John, did a little googleing and found your books on walking and biking. The DIY Bushcraft Equipment one, must be available through you personally. Here is one for ya, friend. Ever since I first saw your picture, here awhile back, I have had a thought in my head that you are a familiar bloke. I haven't been able to place you in my mind until tonight and your mention of your book. So, when I did the search thingy and saw the material in which your books are written about, it came to me. The hat, the beard, your solid outdoorsy appearance, the outdoor writing, the hiking...Revelation Moment... You remind me of the great (late) Colin Fletcher.

Gordy
The Man Who Walked through Time - just how I feel at the moment :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE