Bonjour from La Belle France

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 19, 2013
France
As a 51 year old Englishman, living in darkest France, I've come through my mid life crisis and am now descending into my second childhood.

I've decided it's time to use at least one of the many compasses in my bedside draw and get out into the woods.

In a couple of weeks I'll be going out for four days, wild camping. I shall be trying to walk too far, carrying way to much and loving every minute.

I'll let you know how I get on...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Bonjour Colin,

Personally I never left my first childhood. Good to see that you want to get back at it, some cracking folks here. I'm sure you'll enjoy.

TTFN.
GB.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Heeeeey another ex-pat! Great stuff! Welcome to the forum mate. Wherabouts are you? Darkest France covers a pretty large area given it's been overcast with drizzle and rain since Saturday here in Normandy. Seriously wondering if Summer has slipped by and we're into Autumn again.

Anyway welcome to the forum.

Aaronr.

May 19, 2013
France
I'm down in the Dordogne and thinking I should have gone further south! This weather is appalling, dreading this seasons influx of rellies and friends and not sure why I feel responsible for the weather. The only good news is the grass is growing faster than my donkeys can eat it.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'm down in the Dordogne and thinking I should have gone further south! This weather is appalling, dreading this seasons influx of rellies and friends and not sure why I feel responsible for the weather. The only good news is the grass is growing faster than my donkeys can eat it.

I spent many happy summers down in the Dordogne near Villereal and Montflanquin as a child.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you and I hope that bushcraft uk is a help to getting you out there and well immersed into your second childhood :D Any questions ask away, there's always someone that can point in the right direction.

garethw

Settler
Salut mon vieux,
I'm same age and I'm also on this dark continent... just further north in the champagne region.... (I'd happily swap the bubbly for some Bordeaux though!!!)
Soit le bienvenu sur le forum... I believe there are a few of us in France.

On the weather subject; its a rather touchy one up here where it has been simply awful for as long as I can remember.... (memory goes back to November and can't think of a single nice week!!!... just snow, cold and rain) I don't know how many days of sunshine we've had since January, but I bet I've got enough fingers...

This week so far its like monsoon... 72 hours solid rain... My clients (I run a fishing complex) are beside themselves...
I've managed just one overnight camping trip with my son, this year, but still got rained on.... which reminds me I must dry out my tarp!!!

Anyway enough of this discours maussade, A très bientôt
Cordialement
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE