Hi from NZ

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

footsore

Sep 18, 2017
Christchurch, New Zealand
I'm a middle age Kiwi who has enjoyed rambling [or tramping as we call it] the back country since my mid teens. I've slowed down a little, grown a stomach and now have less free time to indulge myself than when I was younger, but the interest remains strong. I'm lucky to have an understanding wife who gives me leave at least four times a year for multi day hunting trips and we also try to get out tramping as a family once or twice a year.

I'm used to mountain travel with all our modern gear but have long been fascinated by the skills and methods of primitive cultures and our own ancestors to live and travel in the wilderness. Sites like this are important at keeping the old knowledge alive and encouraging the development of skills that the likes of Freeze dried meals, Gortex, GPS's and Emergency Location Beacons have seen wane.

I look forward to dipping into the knowledge here and contributing were I can [on those occasions I can beat the kids away from the computer].:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE