Blatant Bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Most Excellent and Gracious Bushcraft Majesty,

My liege has challenged our nation of campsite, armchair and cyber bush crafters to rise out of our sofas and meet the challenge of Blatant Bushcraft, not to skulk anymore indoors, in backyards or at the campground as meek and lesser men (and women) but to rise, be seen and take up Moras against the conditioning that keeps us in chains and now to practice bushcraft openly anywhere as free men and women!

Your vassals, Bandel4 and BOD, have obeyed our lieges command and raised the standard at the gates of the citadel of capitalism consumerism and deforestation– the tallest twin pillars in the world.

Bushcraft – Covert no more! Long Live Bushcraft. Long Live our King!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGEtQrBwHZ0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Twin_Towers

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Most Excellent and Gracious Bushcraft Majesty,

My liege has challenged our nation of campsite, armchair and cyber bush crafters to rise out of our sofas and meet the challenge of Blatant Bushcraft, not to skulk anymore indoors, in backyards or at the campground as meek and lesser men (and women) but to rise, be seen and take up Moras against the conditioning that keeps us in chains and now to practice bushcraft openly anywhere as free men and women!

Your vassals, Bandel4 and BOD, have obeyed our lieges command and raised the standard at the gates of the citadel of capitalism and consumerism – the tallest twin pillars in the world.

Bushcraft – Covert no more! Long Live Bushcraft. Long Live our King!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGEtQrBwHZ0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Twin_Towers

The King is Dead, long live the King :pokenest:

:headbang: Superb :D

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Superb. I can't wait to see what the attempt is to challenge that. I thought i might have a go just for a laugh (will never beat that) but i have to wait until a friend is free to help me out with a few photos. Well done on overthrowing the king :p

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
U-b-e-r........ u-s-u-r-p-e-d ! ! ! ! !

A little dark child-like part of me was sort of hoping you were going to hammock up Between the two towers......sigh, that would have been ..magic.

Last edited:

BOD

[

A little dark child-like part of me was sort of hoping you were going to hammock up Between the two towers......sigh, that would have been ..magic.

That would have been trouble. Spiderman did it but security is quite tight - CCTV, security guards and rapid response SWAT team.

It went high alert on 9/11 and while all is peaceful now there are eyes everywhere. I kept on doing recces and must be on camera which is why I wore the bush hat on the actual attempt.

We figured Friday lunch time. Short handed cos the Muslims are at the mosque for congregational prayer and the already thin cover would be switching for lunch and bored. (oops, giving away secrets here)

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Now , not wishing to act all Machiavellian to fuel my own viewing pleasure but It does occur to me that brilliant display is going to take some serious escalation of Overt nature to out do it...

I wonder if Rapps has anything left in the bag..
Its all going to end in tears.:)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I wonder if Rapps has anything left in the bag..
Its all going to end in tears.

My bag-eth is....Empty!

My Kingdom!
My kingdom!
all that was mine,
is gone!,
gone into the sands of time....Gone....gone....-eth.

:You_Rock_well done Bod! :You_Rock_

how were you sooooo slow? crazy calm!

All hail the new king!!!

you realise that bod now has to type in size 5 ! and say -eth a lot! ;)

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Please do not abdicate Sire

Your vassal is humbled but Uneasy is the head that wears a crown.

You remain King. We are just knights around your table going off on quests!

So I hope you will keep on stirring us to go out and do it.

oh, alright then ;)

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
My plan, did not come off. It involved a friend doing me a favour but could be ruinous to his job- which is more important really.

So I remain a mere serf when I COULD HAVE RULED ALL!!

Sorry.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I'm sure once the weather decides to improve we'll all have a go.
It is a cracking idea.
But Winter has been long and miserable.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
You'll see from the beginning of the thread I lost the Photo's :(
If you copied them please post them and I'll copy and put them back, in the right places cheers! ;)

BUT! :D

Found one of them on another website! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
it's about halfway down the page in this section:
"Fresh outs, 2009-12-20"

http://ultralighter.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html

does this mean I'm an Icon? ;)

Don't worry Bod, it's not over yet!;)

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
was gutted my brewing up on a honey stove infront of the leaning tower of pisa didnt count as ther was no tarp
doh

Ah yes, top marks but you see, the tarp makes the whole thing very much more blatant!
Since I lost some of my photo's I'll have to re-do them! (might be busier this time! ;) )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE