bizarre user names amongst us............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
It is, strangely enough.

After Vampire - the Masquerade , Werewolf - the Apocalypse, Mage - the Ascension, Wraith - the Oblivion and Changeling - the Dreaming comes...

WOMBLE, THE CLEANSING!!!!
and its collectable card game - Rubbish, the Gathering

Because someone has to clean up afterwards*.

* I mean, have you tried to get ectoplasm stains off loose covers?

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
HTML:
Appleby
Äpple = Apple
By = Village
So it becomes more like Apple village.

thanks for that viking! :biggthump

how do you pronounce it in swedish?

is it like the german word "Apfel"?

It´s kind of hard to write how to pronounce a word like "Äpple" since there is no one else but swedish that has that in their vocabulary.

G

Ginja

Reddish hair + long history of martial arts = Ginja :) (ie. ginger ninja!)

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Rappleby,

The A with the umlout, dots above it )- can figure out how to do it no this PC) is pronouces as a hard lower case a as used in northern England (Humber upward) rather than a softer more upper case A sound used down south.

so it pronounce applebee with a hard northeren inflection

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
EdS said:
Rappleby,

The A with the umlout, dots above it )- can figure out how to do it no this PC) is pronouces as a hard lower case a as used in northern England (Humber upward) rather than a softer more upper case A sound used down south.

so it pronounce applebee with a hard northeren inflection

:rolmao:

Try the button next to "ENTER" below "BACKSPACE" and then A. It works on this. Then you can start practise Å and Ö too :lol:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
In our modern society of stress, everybody being in such a rush, general decline in manners and an increase in arrogance and rudeness, I find the most relaxing thing is to set up a tarp in the woods in the rain, and sit there listening to the sound of the rain falling on the tarp and all the wonderful smells that exude when the rain falls. I especially like to sit up on a hill on the edge of some woods and look out at the view into the valley and just watch the rain pouring down. I,ll make a brew on my hexi stove or now recently on my crusader mug stove of chamomile and spiced apple or lemon and ginger with some squeezable honey in it or I may pick some fresh chamomile if there,s any around (it,s been a good year for it this year) or some nettle tea, or in the spring birch sap and some pine needles. The place I like best is an old iron age fort near Princes Risborough, which is high up on a ridge with a wonderful view. Because of the rain I'll be undisturbed by others and I feel completely at peace with the world....... Wonderful.

SOOO, I love the rain..Falling Rain

:wave:

Reactions: TheGreenMan

gurushaun

Forager
Sep 12, 2003
Modbury, Devon/Cannock Staffs
I was given mine when a local paper did a piece about the place where I work, it went along the lines of "for all your tyre needs talk to the tyre guru Shaun" :yikes: and it stuck, along with gooey, :roll: etc.

Cheers

Shaun

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
If i would have called my username what the papers have called me i'd be Rollwick (this is actually whats on my NUS card), Rollink, Rollneck, Rollwit, Rollins and Rollings. The South Wales Echo isnt very good with names.

Cheers,

Jake

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Mine comes from spending too much time on the beach :eek:): my favourite spot is only a couple of miles from Merthyr Mawr, sadly I had something else on that weekend and it was n't my beach either :roll:
Nothing better than spending time at the sea shore though it's quite a dangerous location with rock falls from the 180 foot cliffs and other hazards such as getting cut off by the rising tide.
Of interest to others there are choughs peregrine falcons as well as the usual sea birds oyster catchers etc., always something to look at. :super:

regards beach bum

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
loath as i am to admit it i used to bear a striking resemblance to shaggy of scooby doo fame, even tho time's obviously been kind to me and turned me into the stunningly handsome beast that i am now (as well as addled my mind and dulled my senses it would seem), the nickname has stuck since school. could be worse i suppose, could've been scoobystu!!

stuart

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I first decided on this name a few years ago when I played an online game, Delta Force. I couldn't think of a decent name that fitted me so I decided to look through the dictionary. I started at 'A' and Buckshot was the first word I came accross that fitted my personality.

Plus it sounds a lot better than the UK equivilent 'Lead Pellets' :shock:

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE