Bit windy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Just spent my lunch break moving a downed tree blocking the road outside my work. Crazy weather today!

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Blowing a gale here in the north east kept my little lad home today as his play group is surrounded with 30ft pine trees .
The glass in my front room windows is flexing with the high winds I've closed the curtains in case they come through on the kids .im also hoping they have closed the play group for today until the winds pass .

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Dont know what the wind speed was here this morn,whilst walking the kids to school in the sleet,rain and high winds, when it gusted it blew us back and we had to hold on to each other till the gusts passed and move on abit till the next hit us, all good fun!(not really)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No work for me today. I opened the workshop door and a big gust blew in and literallly moved the workshop. Its big shed and the door faces the prevailing wind... Thats staying locked up for the day.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I went down to the allotment to check my fencing, which is a bit rickety. To my surprise none of it has blown down. It has a lot of give in it due to the soil being waterlogged around the posts. US Army pup tent I use to keep stuff dry is still standing as well

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
In my neck of the woods the impending threat is coastal flooding thanks to a storm surge, high tide and onshore wind.

The Environment Agency are taking this one seriously; lots of severe warnings in place (possible loss of life). The high tides get to us from around 22.45 until midnight. I should be fine as I'm far enough inland but some of our favourite places could have a hell of a night.

Fingers crossed.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Pretty breezy down this neck of the woods but not as bad yet as it was beginning of November. I don't think they predicted the really high winds to reach this far south

Hope you don't loose any more panels Paul and if you do they don't cause additional damage.

Fingers crossed everyone else is ok as well

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
It's a bit blowy here too. We have 3 fence pannels down.

I just saw/heard the last one go. I heard a crunch and watched it fly across the garden about 3 ft off the ground the whole way.

Going to have to get some new ones:rolleyes:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The wind has slowly been building up over the last few hours here, don't think it will get that bad, its the coast that is in trouble I thinks with the predicted high tides. Strange how there was little or no warning over this lot, compared to the bit we had last month or is it because its Scotland that got hit hardest not the south of England

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Really stormy here in the centre of the country last night; the garden took it well though I gathered up armfuls of kindling blown in from the trees beside the lane. Sunny and calm and just now it's windy again and it's snowing.

I know we joke about the whole, "Don't like the weather? hang on, there'll be another kind along in a minute :)", but this is a tad extreme even for us.

Stay safe folks :)

cheers,
M

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
The wind has slowly been building up over the last few hours here, don't think it will get that bad, its the coast that is in trouble I thinks with the predicted high tides. Strange how there was little or no warning over this lot, compared to the bit we had last month or is it because its Scotland that got hit hardest not the south of England

been on every forecast ive watched for nearly a week.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Strange how there was little or no warning over this lot, compared to the bit we had last month or is it because its Scotland that got hit hardest not the south of England

All the country wide forecasts I've seen the last few days has been warning of high winds to the north of the country.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
A bit breezy, as we call it :p, last night and today. Snow showers have been coming in since 9ish this morning and at present we have a bit of a blizzard!

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Im down 4 fench panels but luckily there are 'the neighbours'as he likes to remind me when I lean things in it. Now he can fix the whole thing........lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Been a lovely day down here, mostly sunny, light winds and a balmy 10 degrees. Wind is picking up a bit in gusts now but nothing more than about 30mph.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE