Bit windy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
back and safe, didn't need to get up on the roof to see the damage, it's a mess. i think we'll be clearing the spare bedroom out later before we get any rain. on the plus side though i get to ring my landlady tomorrow and upset her, which always brightens my day.

stuart

one of our dogs hates the wind it sends her totally barmy
downside is this involves her trying to hide on top of my head.
2 and half hours sleep last night despite all attempts to distract/ignore and calm her resulted in me walking her to my parents house at six this morning so lisa could get some sleep.
not fun fortunately no damage to flat from wind not sure what state the permission will be in next weekend though

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Lost 2 fence panels, the tarp off my log pile and ripped the screws from the gate lower hinge.

Nothing major, thankfully, and the gate is held up with paracord that I got with the Dan cam smock until I can get some fatter wood screws tomorrow!

Simon

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Typical. Now that the wind has died down, the sun has come out for the weekend, and I have to stay in because my wife has gone out with the car and someone has to be home to receive all the parcels she's bought shopping for christmas presents for the children of other people we barely know. Oh, and I can't spend so much as a tenner on anything remotely bushcrafty because <quote> "We can't afford it".

Grrrr. :cussing:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Three trucks blown over on my usual commute today, a seventeen mile detour and an hour and forty minutes later I got home.

Stay safe out there

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Three trucks blown over on my usual commute today, a seventeen mile detour and an hour and forty minutes later I got home.

Stay safe out there

i saw the traffic on your side and completely forgot about you dude!!! sorry,...

gimme a shout when your ready for the week day house swap,.....ooooh a cellar!!! hahaha

you cant have the garage key tho,.....

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Well, certainly was windy last night. The (short) hike from the car to where I hung I must of seen atleast a dozen newly fallen trees, and I pitched the hammock right beside a fallen tree to use it as a windbreak. Not too much trouble setting up the tarp, I rigged the poncho to close off one end as the wind was whipping from every direction. Guylines all held, until I went to collect firewood (typical), when I came back to everything twisted up and flapping about (with all my guylines in two fistsized knots), otherwise, a beautiful windy night in the piney forests.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
The wind is very bad up here also, whilst driving along in my ridiculously hot car with the window down I approached a building site where the hoarding had been taken down, at that point the wind blew a gust and needless to say my car must have been 5kg heavier with the amount of sand dust and grit that came in

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
yep,....

it was a bit bad down your way mate,....

I've been at Elmsall all day so didn't see much of it, our garden's taken a real battering though. The fruit bushes have shed nearly all the young fruits, the broad beans have snapped just above the stakes and the tomato plants have fallen over :(

i had to drive a Citreon C3 home tonite and it felt like it was gonna take off!!!

(dont ask)

What like a Delorean ? I don't think so mate :)

What was it a service or have you pranged the Inisiggy ?

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Diabolically breezy here, we're the first thing that the wind hits as it comes down off the Cairngorms. Watch those falling branches folks.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
I've been at Elmsall all day so didn't see much of it, our garden's taken a real battering though. The fruit bushes have shed nearly all the young fruits, the broad beans have snapped just above the stakes and the tomato plants have fallen over :(

What like a Delorean ? I don't think so mate :)

What was it a service or have you pranged the Inisiggy ?

Oxford bypass week before last,...

i,m stood in traffic,.and a lady in an Audi drove into me whilst looking elsewhere,...

she hit me at 50 without even attempting to brake,..hahaha i watched her face in the mirror,...

it goes back tuesday anyway,...i got the promotion ,....which comes with a merc,...:):):)

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I was lying in my 'spot' today in the hammock lunchtime, thinking bloody 'el the tree's are swaying above (the wood was pretty still)

Then I noticed lots of fallen beech braches in various places, still with green leaves on. Called it a day. And then it got worse....

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
You don't sleep under Beech do you? Aren't they notorious for shedding bloody great big and heavy branches for fun?!!! Take a look in old woods and if you see a big old tree with a big branch fallen on the ground near it you can bet it'll be a Beech.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE