Bit windy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's fair blowing through here tonight, there's wheelie bins and garbage all over the place, I had to go out and remove one from the back end of my motor.

I saw on the news a couple have been hit by a falling tree a few miles away, 80mph apparently.

I hope my chimney stacks don't decide to give up after 140 years.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You are not kidding mate. I thought my kitchen window was going to cave in it rattled that badly during one strong gust. Never seen that happen before.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
just flew into belfast City airport.....oh man ! was that an experience in this wind, when the plane stopped, everyone clapped !!

a bit bouncy to say the least !!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just back from walking the dog along the canal. Been doing this route at night for years, but tonight was the first time I seriously thought a tree might come down. I was scared. There were big branches down everywhere.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
just flew into belfast City airport.....oh man ! was that an experience in this wind, when the plane stopped, everyone clapped !!

a bit bouncy to say the least !!

Sounds like you need a large one :)

I've had a landing like that into New York once, we were above a lightning storm which was stunning to watch but a total nightmare when we broke into the top of it. I had finger nail marks in my palms for about two days after. Apparently the winds were so high they had to shut down the Empire State building, first time in about ten years we got told.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Yeah same up here. Felt like a smug git walking through the carpark after work with my new groupbuy smock, nice and cozy, as everyone else was dashing to their cars. Interesting drive home on the motorway though - my poor wee motor was getting blown all over the place.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Aye, I planned to be out tonight but bottled it. Makes that night up at the res seem like light breeze James

Not bottled - a good decision.

Aye, the res was certainly interesting, everytime the trees moved apart, my hammock went flying upwards by a foot :yikes:

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Cycled 17 miles yesterday, 4 today - a good half dozen times the wind bashed me from the side causing me to almost come a-cropper. Not fit for man nor beast!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I've not been that effected i'll be quite honest, checked on the guinea pigs last night and htis morning they're battened down and fine and all the windows were sealed so no probs. no tiles off the roof etc.
lots of twigs/firewood knocking about today though, old dead branches perfect for burning have been "pruned" by the wind :D
actually enjoyed the wind, it was refreshing.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
my next door neighbour just informed me that a couple of dozen of my roof tiles were laying in his garden this morning, it's almost exactly a year since the roof was re-tiled, cowboy builders at their best.

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i suppose i'd better go and check the damage, if i'm not back in an hour could someone please phone me an abulance, i've fallen from the roof!

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Luckily I wasn't hit too bad on my motorbike home from college today, but it was a bit iffy as I got nearer home - and therefore the coast!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE