Bit windy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's really picking up here now, the back gate is trying to make a break for freedom and the wheelie bin is doing laps round the garden.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Can commiserate with that I do on call to :( . How big is your on call region?

From Bristol up to Motherwell potentially, most of the "issues" happen in the warehouses around Sheffield/Doncaster/Leeds/Bradford.

Spent two hours at tea time dialled in rebooting third party switches to try and fix their RF

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
From Bristol up to Motherwell potentially, most of the "issues" happen in the warehouses around Sheffield/Doncaster/Leeds/Bradford.

Spent two hours at tea time dialled in rebooting third party switches to try and fix their RF

And I thought mine was bad, I'm only the north of England, mainly Leeds and Manchester. But do you have to go to site? If I'm called I got to go to site as the remote method has failed:mad:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
And I thought mine was bad, I'm only the north of England, mainly Leeds and Manchester. But do you have to go to site? If I'm called I got to go to site as the remote method has failed:mad:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

The Cisco kit we have these days is pretty reliable, compared to the old Synoptics and HP stuff we rarely get any failures. RF going in everywhere in the last few years has kept us a bit busier, but like you most of it's doable from home though. If we get a bad one and a site has ground to a halt then we tend to go straight in and show face.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bit windy again

I've just followed a couple of trucks down the A1 and they were nearly blown over a couple of times on the higher ground.

140mph on Ben Nevis I heard

The recycling bin has spewed it's contents all over the back garden which I'll have to tidy up when I get home tonight.

Hope everyone is okay, it looks like the east coast is in for some impressive weather, stay safe folks

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think we're going to be ok over here in west Wales,little breeze but nothing at all compared to the East, hope it doesn't get any worse than bins going over for you Shewie

resnikov

2yde3yba.jpg

On my way to the station this morning found this tree blown over.

No way to the station no work for me hurrah! Then some kind sole says they will give me a lift in :(

Had to clear some other fallen branches of the road on the way in as well.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
2yde3yba.jpg

On my way to the station this morning found this tree blown over.

No way to the station no work for me hurrah! Then some kind sole says they will give me a lift in :(

Had to clear some other fallen branches of the road on the way in as well.

Is that a bridge parapet in the background and the fallen tree a willow?

They don't seem very wind resistant; we had loads down around here recently. I guess it's because they stay in leaf and are thus big sails?

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
Blowing a hoolie here in the east. Had a branch come down on the car this morning. Luckily no damage just a little scratch. Just put my hatchet, saw and rope in the boot to help keep the roads clear. Usually end up clearing the way down some of Norfolks notorious back roads when the wind picks up

resnikov

Yes and Yes.
Funny thing was I was joking with a friend saying I was going to trim the leaves/branches that hung over the pavement and where in the way for anyone over 5 ft, now I don't need to :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE