Birthrights and Heritage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
A good friend dropped in to see me tonight. I am in the V.A. hospital with blood poisoning. Richard is an elder in one of the surviving California Indian bands, a frequent associate when I actually made a living in my degree. I have a few books here on the painted caves of France and Spain. We both looked through the timeless images of Bison, Wooly Mammoths, Horses etc. from that lost world. Richard became very thoughtfull and finally looked at me."Chris, how many starry eyed people have shown up at the digs,pow-wows,meetings and classes? You mean the ones with a dreamcatcher on the mirror, Navajo jewelry and a well thumbed copy of Carlos Castaneda? Yea,those people drive me nuts! Expect me to be all spiritual and have Eagles fly onto my arm." We both had a laugh. Then Richard looked at the books and said, " All the world's people used to walk in beauty. It belongs to us all. So, Richard, Want to go hiking when I get out? I don't know Chris. I have to work overtime this coming week." :roll:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Hey Chris,

Sorry to hear you're unwell. Hope you make a speedy and full rcovery.

Your friend's comments do strike a nerve, too much to do to be able to live as you please! The human condition seems to be taking a turn for the worse, must fight back somehow.

Dave

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
:ekt: Will we ever keep or even regain our closeness with nature? The civilised world has many great advantages to it but it has also damaged our relationship and the ability to have relationships with the world around us.

For many life is just as hard now as it was in the past, we are just as restrained. A very sad situation.

I hope you get better soon Chris, maybe one day we can go for a hike :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE