Suffolk Bushcraft Monthly Meet Friday 4th and Saturday 5th October 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, hope you are all well. ive been off work all week with a cold, well 3 of us in the house have a cold of some sort. so a little low on bog paper and we all look like rudolff. hope you feel better tomorrow stu. i hope i will be able to make it this weekend but there is a chance i may not. later carl

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah looks like the meet is coming together with a nice selection of guys, Shame you Cant make it Colin and Mike, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Carl.. and of course myself., lol

Should be fine for whittling, with what I've got but I was planning on chilling out doing some much needed sharpening to them all! Ow well, cooking should take up most of my day!
Going to push my cooking to the limit with just my Ti Vargo hexagon wood stove this time! (well.. Twig stove!) Ive got some nice wood pigeon brest fillets and venison steak to cook! The crux is it only has a 7cm cooking surface!

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/wood-burning-stoves/RD110.html

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Should be fine for whittling, with what I've got but I was planning on chilling out doing some much needed sharpening to them all! Ow well, cooking should take up most of my day!
Going to push my cooking to the limit with just my Ti Vargo hexagon wood stove this time! (well.. Twig stove!) Ive got some nice wood pigeon brest fillets and venison steak to cook! The crux is it only has a 7cm cooking surface!

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/wood-burning-stoves/RD110.html

7cm should be fine for the pidgeon. I would cube the Venison and slowly cook it in a billy, with the beer of your choice and a stock cube. Add your veg and a couple of dumplings lovely.Pics of a venison stew in February.View attachment 23282 View attachment 23286 View attachment 23284

Great minds think alike! Already diced the venison and veg at the ready! Oow dumplings, good call, think I've got some mix in the cupboard! Good call on the beer too, I visited green king last month (go the the shop often in Bury!) they said Stringer or Suffolk Strong bitter makes a lovely marinade/stock, dark strong and full bodied! Yum!

I take it that stew wasn't ALL for you! 😉

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Great minds think alike! Already diced the venison and veg at the ready! Oow dumplings, good call, think I've got some mix in the cupboard! Good call on the beer too, I visited green king last month (go the the shop often in Bury!) they said Stringer or Suffolk Strong bitter makes a lovely marinade/stock, dark strong and full bodied! Yum!

I take it that stew wasn't ALL for you! ��

Haha, No for six of us. We used Guinness, and remember the dumplings only take 10 to 12 mins.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE