Teaching kids - Books and other resources available to the teacher/parent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Recently Rich59 asked me about a book I had mentioned to him at the Moot this year on bushcraft games for children.

I could not remember the book specifically so I had a look at my library and pulled out a selection of books/guides that I do use for teaching kids our craft.

I have done a quick search on BCUK and there has been threads about books aplenty in the past but so far I cannot see anything that specifically lists everyones favourite books about teaching children bushcraft skills in a fun way.

I would really appreciate if we could share with one another what you think is a great book/guide/website etc for a teacher/parent to use as a resource for teaching children our craft.

Here is the list I sent Richard (in no particular order). I am sure I have others squirelled away and if I find them I will add them to the list.

1) I love my World - Mentoring Play in Nature, for our sustainable future - By Chris Holland.

2) Sharing Nature with Children - By Joseph Cornell

3) Sharing Nature with Children II - By Joseph Cornell (formerly Sharing the Joy of Nature).

4) Tom Browns Field Guide Nature and Survival for Children - By Tom Brown.

5) I Love Dirt - 52 Activities to help you & your kids discover the wonders of nature. By Jennifer Ward.

6) The Boy Camper - 160 Outdoor Projects and Activities. By The Editors of Popular Mechanics.

7) The Happy Campers. By Tess Carr & Kat Heyes.

8) The William Curtis east-to-find Field Guides - Land Animals/Birds/Pond Animals/Habitats. By Heinemann Educational Books.

9) Wildlife Discovery Packs. By Green Bug productions.

10) Wildlife Adventurer's Guide - A Guide to Exploring Wildlife in Britain. By Steve Marshall

11) Field Study Council - Fold Out Charts.

12) Nature Detectives - http://www.naturedetectives.org.uk/

Cheers

George

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE