billy can heads-up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
Looks like the one I got through evilbay (for around the same price). It's not a bad piece of kit - heats well, cleans easily. Not too stable though as the bottom on mine bends out a little (ie it's not flat). Still, a little caution is all that's required.

It comes with a mucho cheapo bag (mines already started tearing).

The lid works well but can easily be changed for something lighter if required.

Used it a dozen or so times in the last couple of months so it's seen reasonable use already. Not the best but at this price I can certainly recommend it.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I have a set of those, I was the envy of many people at the moot as they are cheap and great bits of kit.

had mine now for 3 years, used all the time and work as well on an open fire as with a stove. Although the plastic covering on the handles may melt off.

Highly recommended

david

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I've got the small and more recently medium versions and I like them a lot, especially at those prices. The bail locks in the upright position, which can be very useful.

(bit of billy pr0n...)
billy.jpg

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
Looks excellent!

The smallest billy set together with my Myti mug should make for gourmet cooking going solo(with dog)

Just e-mailed them about ordering outside of UK since their website is not set up for it :(

Talked to a tour leader who used a SS coffe pot with a brass bottom who said after a lot of use it will start to fall off. Possible to use sand paper and wear it off?

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
It's actually copper rather than brass, and it's just a thin layer at that. It does wear off a bit, but it's really more cosmetic than anything else I think.

Unfortunately the mytimug doesn't quite fit into the smallest billy, you'd need to shave a few mills off the lid handle (or forgo the handle altogether). BTW, the clikstand and burner fits very nicely into the (smallest) billy.

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
Sounds very good. Taking off / shaving the handles are easy.

Anyone tried this small billy with the Ikea stove?

Hows the frying pan? Does it stand up for an English breakfast in the woods? :lmao:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
"Bulldog" brand nesting aluminium billy cans (X3) @ 1969. You see them on eBay for £10-£15. Hanging bales, do the job, why pay more :rolleyes:

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
I`d pay more for stainless billys because of durability and these have a small(light) frying pan.
The nesting thing is nice but not essential.

Thanks for the tip though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE