Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I am zinking it iz somevun mit un Teutonic name Ja? No idea what it is though.

Never got into the punk scene as such either, skirted around it and I really liked the new wave stuff of the late 70's, but the punk end of the spectrum was a bit too extreme for me. Like CLKColin said what a nice Mum ol' Sidney had. They don't make 'em like that anymore ... wait a sec', yes they do. Duh!
Beggorah my old friend, ye couldn't be more wrang wit his name being teutonic, his bands name may have been but he was more Orish soundin'. Still he wasn't bitter!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Peter Murphy. Was famous for the Maxell audio tape advert as well as Bauhaus. Oh how I miss the non digital days, I still have all my old LP's.

He was also in another favourite band of mine "Dali's Car"
[video=youtube;lx-GBzJGiuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx-GBzJGiuM&list=PLBF768DCB7C40C2E6[/video]
I was given one of those little record players that convert your LP's to MP3 format, only problem is it plays fractionally slow - most annoying. That and it requires I-tunes to work and I'm not going through that again. Hate that program, upon installation it put it's tendrils of evil throughout the system and changed settings everywhere. And it's a pain to fully remove. Bauhaus were such a cool band too. All my 12inch singles have just been played once to record them and keep them in good nick.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
D'oh! And there was me thinking the Bauhaus were a German band. Don't know how I could have been so mistaken. Next you'll be telling me the Monkees were really African.

Oh watch out Pa you are letting your culture vulture side show - Bauhaus School of Art, Vould you be drawink Frau Betty zear zen? Hmmm!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Heehee, Great minds think alike. I did the same with mine and put all the sleeves in those heavy duty polythene covers. What a geek.

SNAP, or should that be Schnapps! All very carefully stored. Your Toyah post in Word Association the other day reminded me I've a load of 7 inch picture discs of her in the loft too.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
SNAP, or should that be Schnapps! All very carefully stored. Your Toyah post in Word Association the other day reminded me I've a load of 7 inch picture discs of her in the loft too.

They may be worth a bit now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYAH-Iey...30627226337?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4cfaeb1ae1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyah-IEYA-7-Picture-Disc-/370707342801?pt=UK_Records&hash=item564fe125d1
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyah-Ant...61289958896?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3cd6185df0

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Yup got those and a few more. Hmm, need an eBay account! Cheers for that. Always liked picture discs and disc art in general. Bands like King Crimson, Hawkwind and Jah Wobble always had brilliant covers. Gatefolds like the War of the World with the free book were cool too.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sold off my 12" LPs and 7" singles this year at a French bootfair (vide grenier). I know I had a few rare ones in the singles, complete anthology of Blondie, several Sex Pistols and a load of picture disks too. I'd boxed these records up back in '87 and been carrying them around through several house moves since and I really couldn't be ar$ed doing it again on the latest move. Maybe I dipped out, who knows? I'm not going to cry over spilt milk. Parting with the LPs was a little harder than I expected, despite them living in a box for over two decades untouched.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well they were a big part of yer yoof weren't they? Certain records that were for taking to parties had a distinct aroma of booze and tobacco ingrained in the cardboard. And they did seem such important things. Leafing through the piles in the shop, asking if you could hear it, cleaning it before and after you played it. That light crump as the needle contacted the groove.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Yup got those and a few more. Hmm, need an eBay account! Cheers for that. Always liked picture discs and disc art in general. Bands like King Crimson, Hawkwind and Jah Wobble always had brilliant covers. Gatefolds like the War of the World with the free book were cool too.

I have King Crimson, Hawkwind, Jimmy Hendriks and many others all in pristine condition, but i couldn't bear to part with them.

Sold off my 12" LPs and 7" singles this year at a French bootfair (vide grenier). I know I had a few rare ones in the singles, complete anthology of Blondie, several Sex Pistols and a load of picture disks too. I'd boxed these records up back in '87 and been carrying them around through several house moves since and I really couldn't be ar$ed doing it again on the latest move. Maybe I dipped out, who knows? I'm not going to cry over spilt milk. Parting with the LPs was a little harder than I expected, despite them living in a box for over two decades untouched.

I feel your pain.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh yes, an old Aiwa. Sometimes the missus and I have an evening rocking out to them. Apparently vinyl is having a renaissance.

Still a few record shops around, one in Perth sells the clear vinyl multi pockets for you can hang the albums with good art up on the wall and protect at the same time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE