Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
"I have said to corruption, Thou art my father"... Job 17:14
So Mums a worm and Dad rotten! This paints a wonderful view of the family doesn't it. No wonder we're a dysfunctional brood.:rolleyes: Is it because we live in Sheol and sleep whilst it's dark. I had just put it down to genes.

I suppose next year I'll be getting this

io912.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You know I sometimes worry about the perception of others who blunder onto this thread and only read a couple of pages. Then I think well thank goodness they don't meet us in real life. We're kind've like the Angel Gang.

Colin I can't wait 'till someone goes through your search history and finds the one for the bear in the shorts:lmao:

So how's the new hideout coming along in France Pa? Will you be moving in full time soon? Must be a heck of a lot of work. Especially getting the "cellar" ready for Huon!

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
You know I sometimes worry about the perception of others who blunder onto this thread and only read a couple of pages. Then I think well thank goodness they don't meet us in real life. We're kind've like the Angel Gang.

Colin I can't wait 'till someone goes through your search history and finds the one for the bear in the shorts:lmao:

So how's the new hideout coming along in France Pa? Will you be moving in full time soon? Must be a heck of a lot of work. Especially getting the "cellar" ready for Huon!

It is an impressive thread. What is it now? 30-odd pages of deranged gibberish interspersed with science and history lessons. God help anyone who blunders into this lot.

As for the cellar, I hope it is bigger than the last one. I'm not as flexible as I was despite (because of) the surgery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
It is an impressive thread. What is it now? 30-odd pages of deranged gibberish interspersed with science and history lessons. God help anyone who blunders into this lot.

As for the cellar, I hope it is bigger than the last one. I'm not as flexible as I was despite (because of) the surgery.

You mean you can't do this, View attachment 22248 anymore?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

Its absolutley awful Huon, I can't believe what I'm reading either, what sort of surgery was it ? And don't be ashamed of 'MISSING' mom/sister , a man has emoticons !

@ CLK re JFK

Was it the he "Chooses to do it because its hard" moon speech by any chance ?

Last edited:

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Its absolutley awful Huon, I can't believe what I'm reading either, what sort of surgery was it ?
Nothing serious really. Not like Gay Boot (shudders). Dad and his powertools hey?

And don't be ashamed of 'MISSING' mom/sister , a man has emoticons !

Thanks for understanding. Mom/sis and I were very close. Apparently Siamese twins run in our family. I know we certainly did if dad was in a playful mood.

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
@ CLK re JFK Was it the he "Chooses to do it because its hard" moon speech by any chance ?

Correctomundo Petro.

Today Voyager 1 has become the first man made object to reach interstellar space.
In a cosmically historic announcement, NASA says the most distant human made object, the Voyager 1 spacecraft is in interstellar space, the space between the stars, and has left our Solar System. It actually made the transition about a year ago.

“We made it!” said a smiling Dr. Ed Stone, Voyager’s Project Scientist for over 40 years, speaking at a briefing today. “And we did it while we still had enough power to send back data from this new region of space.”

While there is a bit of an argument on the semantics of whether Voyager 1 is still inside or outside of our Solar System (it is not farther out than the Oort Cloud — it will take 300 more years reach the Oort cloud and the spacecraft is closer to our Sun than any other star) the plasma environment Voyager 1 now travels through has definitely changed from what comes from our Sun to the plasma that is present in the space between stars.
The thirteen billion mile journey of Voyager1 began on Sep 5 1977.

View attachment 22250 View attachment 22251

Quote. "They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession."

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker, Happy Hadrian's Wall Day.

Well Dad, on this day in 122AD Hadrian took to building a massive rudy wall like the one you built to keep Huon and I from escaping.
Hadrian's Wall (Latin: Vallum Aelium, "Aelian Wall" – the Latin name is inferred from text on the Staffordshire Moorlands Pan) was a defensive fortification in Roman Britain. Begun in AD 122, during the rule of emperor Hadrian, it was the first of two fortifications built across Great Britain, the second being the Antonine Wall, lesser known of the two because its physical remains are less evident today.
The wall was the most heavily fortified border in the Empire. In addition to its role as a military fortification, it is thought that many of the gates through the wall would have served as customs posts to allow trade and levy taxation.
A significant portion of the wall still exists, having been rescued in the 19th century by John Clayton, who, alarmed at the destruction by quarrying, bought a number of sections. For much of its length, the wall can be followed on foot by Hadrian's Wall Path or by cycle on National Cycle Route 72. It is the most popular tourist attraction in Northern England. It was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987. English Heritage, a government organisation in charge of managing the historic environment of England, describes it as "the most important monument built by the Romans in Britain".

Todays movie/TV quote:
"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre. "

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
not a clue about the movie quote.

How about a family bushcraft day out, very good as it will take up to 5 people.

www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112477&p=1380538#post1380538

There's a good chance Bob will get the quote, one of his favourite TV shows.

On the Family day out it's a bit far for Bob and I living up here in safety from Biker who's in France but a good idea. I dread to think of the havoc that would be wrought if we all got together.

Who knows with enough notice and planning, Pa Biker, Uncle Kelly, Auntie Turbo, Brothers Bob, Huon & myself and the recently adopted Cousin Petro could have a fun time together, somewhere like the Moot or similar. Though shrimps are tasty and inviting.

Last edited:

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Mal's wife
[video=youtube;ch3X5WrhwGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3X5WrhwGM[/video]
There's a good chance Bob will get the quote, one of his favourite TV shows.

On the Family day out it's a bit far for Bob and I living up here in safety from Biker who's in France but a good idea. I dread to think of the havoc that would be wrought if we all got together.

Who knows with enough notice and planning, Pa Biker, Uncle Kelly, Auntie Turbo, Brothers Bob, Huon & myself and the recently adopted Cousin Petro could have a fun time together, somewhere like the Moot or similar. Though shrimps are tasty and inviting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE