Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Used to fix it with a large ball pin hammer. did i just fix the carburetor with one when this pic was taken or at least try:lmao:

Aye the folk in the car park were staring as you had a Basil Fawlty moment with a hammer and your carb, worked too. Was laughing at the photo, couldn't remember if the wheels were that wonky or if it was a bend in the photo!:lmao:I know the steering was "vague" to say the least,

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
your disco got a few of them
2013-08-04+22.15.02%25281%2529.jpg
2013-08-04+22.15.45.jpg
2013-08-04+22.18.25%25281%2529.jpg

bob

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Wow, you boys go RIGHT back then! And came to bushcraft via OR? I tell ya, we were all seperated at birth :)

Hello, bro! Glad you're over here safe-like :) Are we not behaving MARVELLOUSLY in your absence?!!

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Morning guys and gal. Happy birthday Neil Armstrong.

1930 August 5 - .

Birth of Neil Alden Armstrong - . Nation: USA. Summary: American test pilot astronaut. Flew on Gemini 8, Apollo 11. First person to step onto the moon. Member of first crew to dock in space. US Navy.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yeah we go back about a quarter of a century now I think. He was driving a mutual friend somewhere and killed his engine. I lived on a farm in the sticks not to far away so they took shelter at my house. (Though he was understandably grumpy that day:rolleyes:). Since then we've shared flats, worked together, shot together, drunk copious amounts of

back in the old days, skilfully taken 4x4's off road :rolleyes:, and camped and gourmet campfire cooked 'round Scotland - devastating seafood stocks as we went). He's better with knots and cooks the best steaks (well that's my excuse to let him cook 'em).

So yup we go back a bit.

GB.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Yeah we go back about a quarter of a century now I think. He was driving a mutual friend somewhere and killed his engine. I lived on a farm in the sticks not to far away so they took shelter at my house. (Though he was understandably grumpy that day:rolleyes:). Since then we've shared flats, worked together, shot together, drunk copious amounts of

back in the old days, skilfully taken 4x4's off road :rolleyes:, and camped and gourmet campfire cooked 'round Scotland - devastating seafood stocks as we went). He's better with knots and cooks the best steaks (well that's my excuse to let him cook 'em).

So yup we go back a bit.

GB.
god I remember when I used to do homers for a bottle of this, way back in the sands of time:lmao: Not now it'sgot way to expensive to ask for a bottle of this now.Roll on the lottery win.
Yeah they where the good old days , Though my memory can be a wee bit hazy about it.
should get my butt in gear time to go make some pennies.
bob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

On this day in 1388 - Battle of Otterburn, a border skirmish between the Scottish and the English in Northern England.
The Battle of Otterburn took place according to Scottish sources on 5 August 1388, or 19 August according to English sources,as part of the continuing border skirmishes between the Scottish and English The discrepancy in the dates may be due to the complete and utter malkying that was given to the English and it took them a fortnight to recover as that's how far they'd been knocked into:eek: .
The Scots divided their forces with the main force and their baggage train heading towards Carlisle while a raiding party under the Earl of Douglas ravaged the countryside around Durham and Newcastle. Northumberland sent his two sons Sir Henry Percy and Sir Ralph Percy to engage while he stayed at Alnwick to cut off the marauders' retreat.
Froissart says that the first fighting included a meeting of the Earl of Douglas and Henry Percy in hand to hand combat, in which Percy's pennon was captured. Douglas then moved off destroying the castle at Ponteland and besieging Otterburn Castle (now Otterburn Tower). Percy attacked Douglas's encampment with a surprise attack in the late afternoon, but first encountered the Earl's serving men, giving the bulk of the forces time to muster and attack them on their flank. Douglas led the left wing, whilst the Earl of Moray led the right, Hotspur's men having ridden up from Newcastle were tired and disorganized as they made their way onto the field. During the battle on a moonlit night Douglas was killed, his death had no influence on the outcome of the battle and went unnoticed until much later, the Percys were both captured, with the remaining English force retreating to Newcastle. Despite Percy's force having an estimated three to one advantage over the Scots Froissart records 1040 English were captured and 1860 killed whereas 200 Scots were captured and 100 were killed. The Westminster Chronicle estimates Scottish casualties at around 500. When the Bishop of Durham advanced from Newcastle with 10,000 men he was so impressed by the ordered appearance of the Scottish force, the din they set up with their horns, and their seemingly unassailable position, that he declined to attack.

Such a decisive victory kept the two sides apart for some time. In 1402 Douglas's cousin, Archibald, 4th Earl of Douglas, attempted to emulate his great victory and hopefully survive but the Battle of Humbleton Hill was almost an exact reverse of Otterburn and a great defeat for the Scots.

Birthdays.

1862 - Joseph Merrick, the "Elephant Man" (d. 1890).

1959 - Pete Burns, rocker (Dead or Alive-Spin Me Round).

2184 - Christine Lauren Chapel, Davenport Heights, Vermont (Star Trek)

2186 - Kevin Thomas Riley, Tasvennir, Tarsus IV (Star Trek):)

Deaths.

882 - King Louis III of France (b. 863)

1063 - Gruffydd ap Llywelyn, King of Gwynedd

1958 - Joseph Holbrooke, English pianist/composer (3 Blind Mice), dies at 80

1962 - Marilyn Monroe, found dead of apparent self-inflicted drug overdose at 36

1984 - Richard Burton, actor (Cleopatra), dies of cerebral hemorrhage at 58

[video=youtube;uuPO2Kvqlms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuPO2Kvqlms[/video]​

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
The sign of a good leader, that his own death didn't affect the outcome :)

It's sooooo quiet on here now the kids have left.... ;) I hear on basefook that Daddy has just crossed over into deepest darkest Wales :)

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Not the coal bunker where Dad used to lock us though?! A proper bunker.

No! Not the coal bunker :(
I was thinking a proper bunker with concealed entrances traps, command centres and stuff.

Like Auntie Rub's old place that we used to visit for holidays.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
No! Not the coal bunker :(
I was thinking a proper bunker with concealed entrances traps, command centres and stuff.

Like Auntie Rub's old place that we used to visit for holidays.

Bagsy doing the crenellations, they're my favourite bit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE